facebook

how do you get involved?

by: Phi Mu

It sounds like recruitment at TCU is very difficult and I like the idea of helping found a chapter because that is such a special opportunity. How do I get involved?

Posted By: Phi Mu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: me too    

I'm skipping this whole recruitment thing. Why would I put myself through that? I'm not a person that likes catty situations and recruitment sounds awful to me. I'm going to go to Phi Mu and try to get in. If they don't want me , then I'll skip the whole sorority experience. Recruitment just seems too horrible for me.

By: me too
by: WelpJun 28, 2015 1:49:23 AM

It's not that horrible...

By: Welp
by: WelpJun 28, 2015 1:52:02 AM

I actually really liked recruitment, you get to meet a lot of people. It is very tiring and stressful but knowing that you'll end your week by getting new sisters really rocks!! Don't be discouraged by the words of a few people on an anonymous website. We aren't all catty and rude. As long as you maximize your options you WILL end up where you belong. I promise.

By: Welp
by: @WelpJun 28, 2015 12:27:27 PM

You cannot promise people they will get a sorority. There are some people who don't. Most get house, but some don't. I think what people are trying to avoid is the artificial and hurtful stuff that is present during recruitment. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't do it. I would just try to join a new house. That is me. Some people like recruitment. I don't.

By: @Welp
by: ^Jun 28, 2015 4:31:36 PM

Very very very few people go bidless each year, like less than 10. Those people usually have something so huge and obvious against them, that it's no surprise at all they get dropped altogether. The reason most don't end up in a sorority is they have a closed mind and drop out when they think the chapters they have left are beneath them.

OP, go through recruitment. At the very least you can see it's not for you and you can drop then try for Phi Mu. At the best, you will find a sisterhood and friendships you'll cherish forever.

By: ^
#2  by: :)   

I'm thinking the same thing.

By: :)
#3  by: Girl2Girl   

While going through recruitment is a stressful process I am so glad I did. I became friends with girls that were in my group and even though not all of us ended up in the same house we are bonded for life. I also love the house I ended up with even though it wasn't where I thought I would go. Phi Mu is a cool opportunity but so is recruitment. Like others have said, give it a chance and if it just isn't for you then you can contact Phi Mu.

By: Girl2Girl
by: SvotdnJun 30, 2015 11:56:36 PM

This seems to be a wise and fair minded bit of advice.

By: Svotdn
by: YesJul 5, 2015 3:13:05 PM

This is the only way to go ladies.

By: Yes
by: HelloJul 5, 2015 11:24:52 PM

This is so true girls. Rush is hard sometimes but the friendships made are so worth it.

By: Hello
#4  by: Girl   

Starting a new sorority is not very easy either. Just ask the AOPis how hard it is, how you have to struggle, how you don't get as much respect since you're new, have no reputation but being the bottom and how you have to deal with an entire chapter of random girls who might not be like you since they were all chosen by someone else (old nationals people.) Don't go for a new sorority because you think it will be easier than recruitment because it won't be. It will be a lot harder.

By: Girl
by: ^Jun 30, 2015 1:21:29 AM

Gamma Phi came on in 2008 and they became a good house right away. You just never know. Phi Mu has a good National and Southern presence. We will see how it pans out.

by: @aboveJul 1, 2015 12:34:07 AM

The thing is when Gamma Phi came on there hadn't been a new sorority in a very long time. Their nationals really hit the ground running and there was a lot of enthusiasm and they got really good members. They are also one of the strongest nationally. AOPi has struggled and still isn't very established. A third new sorority is going to have really put in a lot of work at this point. Personally I think AOPi needs more time.

By: @above
#5  by: really?   

Most AOPis love being AOPis. Not everyone wants to be the hottie house.

By: really?
by: UHMJun 30, 2015 6:23:06 PM

No one was saying that you hated being an AOPI. They were just talking about the fact that new sororities struggle and if you really don't think your sorority has struggled than you are BLIND.

By: UHM
by: ^Jul 1, 2015 9:09:48 PM

That was unnecessary. And typical of the MEAN GIRLS you will meet in recruitment.

by: Whatever Jul 1, 2015 9:49:06 PM

You can't sit with us

By: Whatever
by: @^Jul 2, 2015 10:16:31 AM

Obviously there's a reason the rest of the sororities rejected you and you ended up in AOPi. Such a negative attitude towards other women.

Everyone was very factual about all the struggles AOPi has faced. Maybe getting more selective and not choosing members like you would help.

By: @^
by: Yay Phi Mu!Jul 2, 2015 10:19:02 AM

Sounds like the AOIIs are already nervous that there will be a new sorority to keep them at the bottom! Put your claws back in girls!

By: Yay Phi Mu!
by: HahaJul 2, 2015 1:00:18 PM

I was saying "you can't sit with us" to the AOPI who said I was "mean" because I was being completely honest about their struggle

By: Haha
by: ^Jul 4, 2015 11:15:29 AM

You are a nasty piece of work. The scariest part is you have no idea how disgusting you are.

by: ^Jul 4, 2015 2:32:03 PM

To the crazy AOPi above, you aren't doing any favors to your sorority's poor rep by posting this bs on here. You're the scary and disgusting one. Get off this site and work on your sorority so maybe someday PNM's won't cry when they get a bid from you.

by: you knowJul 4, 2015 3:00:39 PM

As a person that was going to go through rush, I can tell you that the way you have treated the people you think are AOPis on here says a lot more about you than it does them. Based on your nasty attitudes I have decided to skip rush. I might try to join Phi Mu or get picked up from another sorority in Spring. You are really unbelievable.

By: you know
by: ^Jul 5, 2015 6:29:31 PM

You are so low class.

by: @^Jul 5, 2015 9:38:36 PM

and you're crazy .... too bad people are aware of your stupid games on here now ...

#6  by: Hopper   

While helping Phi Mu get established is a legitimate options most people would advise you to give normal recruitment a try before you make that decision. Recruitment here is hard so most people are just trying to warn you to be prepared but no one is trying to say it is beyond people being successful at it. We all were and you can be too.

By: Hopper
by: FrankyfactualratingJul 1, 2015 2:27:13 PM

This is exactly what PNMS need to hear.

By: Frankyfactualrating
#7  by: honestly    

If I could do it all over again I would skip recruitment and just pledge during spring with one of the houses that has spots open. Girls are pretty lucky to have the opportunity to join a new house this year. I hated recruitment and I still do. I just isn't fun.

By: honestly
by: What?Jul 2, 2015 10:53:29 AM

Most things in life aren't "fun" when you are working your way in to them. Getting a job for the first time after graduation won't be "fun" but it will be worth it. Going Phi Mu is one way to join a greek organization but most girls will regret not trying out recruitment. We need to be encouraging them. New girls keep our community strong.

By: What?
by: ^Jul 2, 2015 11:43:58 AM

Well at least you are admitting the process is awful.

by: ^Jul 2, 2015 8:06:52 PM

It's not awful at all. Can it be stressful at times? Yes. Can it be heartbreaking at times? Yes. Will you sometimes be exhausted, confused and ready to quit? Yes yes and yes! But like anything else worth having, it's so worth the work you put into it. Keep an open mind. Stay positive. Carry on. It will be so worth it!

#8  by: Go   

Through regular recruitment and if things don't work out then you can go Phi Mu

By: Go
by: ^Jul 5, 2015 6:30:54 PM

Why would someone waste their time and money ? There are so many nasty attitudes. Who needs it?

#9  by: this school   

There are a lot of really nasty women in sororities here. If you can skip rush then I would suggest doing it.

By: this school
by: KJul 3, 2015 6:24:54 AM

Seriously PNM's, you really believe people are going to mean to your face? NO. We are told to smile and laugh and be polite no matter what. No house wants to push pnms away. Is there gonna be some snobby girls along the way? Maybe. But they are never going to be straight up rude. The possible outcome of going through recruitment is worth all of the time and effort put into recruitment. Plus, if anyone is ever rude to you or you feel a bad vibe from the members then you know that's not the home for you so drop them and narrow it down by the houses that are the most welcoming. Sure, they may drop you too but you never know.

By: K
by: @this schoolJul 3, 2015 9:32:50 AM

You are the same person who keeps coming on here all the time to tell PNMs how horrible recruitment and sorority members are. We aren't. It's obvious that you're someone who's not Greek who is unhappy and jealous of the wonderful times all of us have. I realize it must have been disappointing to get dropped from your favorite houses, but not keeping an open mind then and being a witch now will not help you. Perhaps you should make an appointment with the counseling and mental health center to discuss why you can't let this bitterness go.

By: @this school
by: ^Jul 4, 2015 12:51:30 PM

I don't know if I agree with you. I love my sorority, but I HATED rush and wouldn't do it again. Also, you are right that they aren't rude to people's faces, but what goes on behind the scenes is deplorable.

#10  by: ;)   

If I hadn't gone through recruitment I think I would always have some what if I had doubts. It is emotional but think of the thousands of girls that have done this and never looked back. Don't sell yourself short.

By: ;)
by: @^Jul 4, 2015 5:03:46 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. Recruitment is a tough few days but the reward of joining a home with friends to help you throughout your college years and hopefully beyond is worth it. PNMS need to know they are just as special of a person as the girls already in a house. Have confidence and a open heart to whatever houses invite you back and you will not regret it.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.