facebook

honesty wanted

by: New Guy

Hey guys, I will be a freshman this fall and I am planning on rushing and I was recently contacted by Phi Delt and I see a lot of stuff on here about how great they are but someone told me that their presence on campus is minuscule. Can anyone tell me if they are a good house or not? Thanks!

Posted By: New Guy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

They believe they are the top house, they have a long history that feeds that perception and allows them to be "exclusive". They don't interact much, mixers are minimal, average grades, pledge classes are small..yet they are still called "The top House". You could do much worse but I respect SigEp or Beta that are involved in positive leadership things on campus or Pi Kapp with their top grades. It's all about what you are looking for. Also, I'm a soroity member so guys may see things way differently. Good Luck and no hate is intended toward PD.

By: Truth
#2  by: Frog   

They are definitely the top house on campus. along with kappa sig, they are the most exclusive houses and don't really try to have big pledge classes

By: Frog
by: AnswerJun 26, 2015 5:14:11 PM

Phi Delt may not be as involved as some but they are still exclusive and well thought of

By: Answer
#3  by: Purple   

You would be lucky to get a bid from this top house. They don't do as much as some other fraternities but they are still highly coveted and have a strong brotherhood.

By: Purple
#4  by: PK or nah    

What in the world is the business about PDT being "the top house"????? They are definitely A top house but this whole being the best of the best is a joke.

That being said; they are pretty wild, very cliquey (don't know about the underclassmen) but you'll generally not see them in large groups. Very under the radar, you'll meet one on day and then never seem him again your 4 years here. This whole "most southern fraternity is a joke" too. They have just about the same "southern" members as any of the other top fraternities, just PDT has guys from small towns that the others don't. Other than that, mainly from SA (alamo heights), Dallas, and Austin but you will see quite a bit out of state too.

In short, yes they are a good house and yes they would be a good house to rush, but they aren't top of the top (don't think anyone really is) and they do have a very small presence

By: PK or nah
by: @^Jul 5, 2015 11:43:03 PM

Absolutely

By: @^
#5  by: Frog4life   

They have a great brotherhood and class. You would be lucky to get a bid.

By: Frog4life
#6  by: FrogFan#1   

PDT is most certainly a top house along with Kappa Sig and SAE. If you are being contacted by them already, you have the right doors open for you. DO NOT listen to the goobers on this website saying to rush Sig Ep and Pi Kap because of grades. Your academics are entirely up to you and the amount of effort put forth.

By: FrogFan#1
by: DAug 15, 2015 5:39:03 PM

Your doing something right

By: D

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.