facebook

letters of support

by: Future Frog

How important are letters of support at TCU for going through recruitment? I know some schools you need like 4 per sorority and others you don't really need any. How many should i have for each house?

Posted By: Future Frog
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: frogsrule   

I would definitely try to get as many rec letters for each house...no harm in trying! With that being said I know girls who went through rush not having any letters and doing well.

By: frogsrule
#2  by: Gold   

These are not as common here as some schools but if you have people who know you well and will write strong recommendations certainly utilize this. They are personal than TEC letters which is a plus.

By: Gold
#3  by: ASDF   

Four is overboard. One of two good ones from people who actually know you is much better.

By: ASDF
by: @PNMJun 26, 2015 10:54:23 PM

1 or 2 max and not a must

By: @PNM
#4  by: What to Expect   

REC letters are a must (2 to 4) per house is standard
Letters of Support are not as common. If you have these then the same numbers apply with 2 being the norm per house.

By: What to Expect
by: ^Jun 15, 2015 1:32:23 AM

This is excessive. One is fine. This isn't alabama.

By: ^
#5  by: Bravo   

Many girls successfully go through recruitment with no Letters of Support. Do utilize all your resources wisely though. Like stated earlier, 2 is good. There are always a few girls who have mothers who send cakes, one sent suckers with her daughters head on them...To be honest, this is truly weird. No one wants to be known as the girl on the sucker!!! Moms are competitive here but reign yours in!! A strong transcript and REC letters along with legacies when possible is perfect.

By: Bravo
by: ^Jun 16, 2015 3:23:21 PM

seriously? someone sent suckers with her daughter's head on them?

By: ^
#6  by: TCu   

If you have someone with the knowledge of the chapter and your history to write a professional sounding Letter of Support it is always a plus but they are not a necessity here.

By: TCu
by: HopperJul 1, 2015 2:07:39 PM

REC letters are a must while Letters of Support are optional. Houses differ on the emphasis they put on these so do not fret if you don't have them. Two is more than adequate if you do.

By: Hopper

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.