facebook

letters of rec

by: no connection

I want to go to TCU next year and I definitely want to join a sorority.. and I have heard that letters of rec are important. Is this true? I have no one in my family that has been in a sorority and I've heard you are supposed to get letters from girls/women that have been in the certain sorority you want to rush. What should I do if i don't really have anywhere to get letters of rec?

Posted By: no connection
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yellow Rose   

They are very important. Get your parents to put out messages on Facebook and check with your local alumni groups to ask for their assistance. With almost 1000 girls this is important.

By: Yellow Rose
by: Answer Dec 25, 2014 11:52:30 AM

Good infoation

By: Answer
#2  by: A   

Try to get a minimum of 2 for every house plus letters of support for groups you are most interested in. Put the word out on Facebook if you do not have connections that are obvious.

By: A
by: HopJan 26, 2015 12:35:43 AM

A has good ideas

By: Hop
#3  by: Froggggg   

REC letters are essential because they help introduce your to the houses before you arrive. I would say they are mandatory to not get cut by most groups. You have lots of time still so start to check with alumni groups, family friends, your friends parents, teachers...now to get these done. Be creative and you will find people.

By: Froggggg
by: 1Feb 23, 2015 11:39:11 PM

Your local alumni association will usually help you too. Co-workers and old classmates of your parents are good sources. Your instructors or coaches for outside activities are reasonable to ask. You have until the summer so get creative. I will work out.

By: 1
by: FrogggFeb 24, 2015 2:13:34 PM

Great tips from 1above

By: Froggg
by: HopMar 31, 2015 6:03:49 PM

Go froggggg above:super advice

By: Hop
#4  by: ?   

when can you start sending letters of rec to the houses?

By: ?
by: Crazy Feb 7, 2015 1:04:31 AM

Check out Greek Life at TCU to get accurate information. Letters should not be sent until summer months.

By: Crazy
#5  by: Fact   

There are a lot of helpful tips on here. Welcome and good luck.

By: Fact
#6  by: Gal   

A much better thread on REC letters!!

By: Gal
#7  by: Spring   

The Greek Life website says REC letters are optional but they is not true here. It is a form that alumni fill out on your behalf stating your accomplishments and letting a house know why you would be a good candidate for membership. As others have said ask your parents friends, teaches, coaches, Facebook requests or contact the alumni association. It takes legwork to get a REC for every group but it is vital.

By: Spring
by: YepMar 30, 2015 10:07:57 PM

The best explaination of a REC I have seen

By: Yep
#8  by: Answer   

To come through recruitment without REC letters here would put you at a great disadvantage. Even without a legacy, reaching out with requests will normally give you ample writers. It just takes time. When I went through the Debutante process that group also helped with REC letters. Now, lots of TCU didn't go through Deb since we have a lot of girls that aren't from the south. I'm just putting that out there as another place you might look in to.

By: Answer
#9  by: Frog   

This thread is helpful to incoming girls. Not everyone is blessed enough to have a legacy built in for them but now that they know they can have friends and acquaintances step in that gap for them and help introduce them to greek life. All these avenues suggested are worthwhile: your parents friends and colleagues, Facebook, alumni associations, debutante committees, teachers and coaches. Let all of those people help tell how wonderful you are and why you would be a great asset to any house. Everyone deserves that support.

By: Frog
#10  by: Gem   

REC letters are so important because you will be a total stranger to most if not all the girls that are current greek members. These forms tell about why you would be a great sister from people who do know you. They can be a huge advantage. If you do not think you know anyone who can write one you will be surprised. Ask your teachers, co-workers and friends of your parents, leaders of any organization you are in, fellow church members, people your family does business with...you CAN do this with some effort. Now you know to start asking people now so you have your REC letters lined up when forms come out this summer. Good luck!

By: Gem
by: StarApr 7, 2015 10:38:03 AM

This person has given you all great recommendations on how to get REC letters. They are essential so do what it takes.

By: Star
by: JtcApr 16, 2015 6:11:11 PM

Perfect

By: Jtc
by: Frog hopMay 3, 2015 11:47:43 AM

These are all good ideas on how to get this important step accomplished.

By: Frog hop

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.