facebook

what happened to class?

by: ?

Is it just me, or is this school getting less classy?It feels that way.

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: yes   

There are a lot more heavy set people now then there were before. The school needs to look into this and why it is happening.

By: yes
by: ...Nov 1, 2014 1:53:35 PM

You are exactly the kind of person that this post is about. Grow up already.

By: ...
#2  by: Texan   

If you are from Texas, especially this area, you know that TCU was a prestigious campus with a student body made up of mainly wealthy students from Texas that were proud of their state and their university. TCU rivaled SMU ( where a presidential family would choose to send their daughter) in class and atmosphere as a private, Christian University. As the mix of students has changed to out of state students the class level and pride has taken a dive. Partying has become so classless you feel like you are at a low rent California Junior College. Unless the administration takes real action TCU will continue to loose prestigious Texas families. For those who know what TCU was, the answer is a resounding yes, the class has been lost, probably forever. Students who want that will now go to SMU if they are wise. What a pitiful end for a once exceptional tradition of excellence. All those that are offended and choose to post a hate filled response will only succeed in proving this post to be true.

By: Texan
by: @TexanNov 1, 2014 1:09:43 PM

Truer words could not be spoken. If I wasn't an upperclassmen, I would leave. Texas Christian University doesn't exist anymore and the people who have destroyed it don't even know.

By: @Texan
by: @Texan and @@TexanNov 1, 2014 3:20:14 PM

Amen. Would love to get out of the California junkyard. Can't believe admissions has sold us out as such.

By: @Texan and @@Texan
by: Yes 100% Nov 1, 2014 5:59:45 PM

Behind this post. Class it up Texas students. Teach these California wantabe's not to mess with Texas.

By: Yes 100%
by: Excuse meNov 1, 2014 6:15:55 PM

I just want to say that classifying all classless people as "Californians" isn't just mean, its incorrect.

By: Excuse me
by: ^Nov 1, 2014 6:46:00 PM

The major problems at this school do come from the Californians. You can't deny that. Of course there are loads of people in California with class and manners. But they don't tend to go here to school.

By: ^
by: @TexanNov 3, 2014 10:51:07 PM

Thank you for putting this up. We want our university back so class up or transfer to a school where your low standards fit. It isn't here.

By: @Texan
by: Real DealNov 8, 2014 4:37:52 PM

Thank you for that

By: Real Deal
by: :)Nov 13, 2014 10:15:49 AM

I love this post

By: :)
by: ,,Dec 5, 2014 11:23:57 PM

Props to Texan above for speaking the truth.

By: ,,
#3  by: Class   

Whatever your state, a lot of us are sick of the low rent behavior that is flooding Texas Christian University. Class it up or go somewhere else. You are harming our universities reputation and people don't appreciate it. This university had been known for its high class, superior private university atmosphere. If you are from here you know that. If you are not from here, you need to learn it. People are starting to stand up and want to take our schools quality back.

By: Class
by: <>~~~~Nov 13, 2014 6:23:37 PM

Preach

By: <>~~~~
by: TexasNov 15, 2014 11:06:25 AM

This is a well written comment that expresses how many of us who know the history of TCU feel. Administration needs to hit the drunken, delinquent people hard. We may be increasing in numbers but we most certainly are not increasing in class. Those that say they don't get our complaints obviously are not from this area or they would understand. Please respect the outstanding tradition of excellence we have had for decades or transfer to a state school or better yet Junior College.

By: Texas
#4  by: honestly   

I feel the school needs to step up here and start making rules. I'm so tired of people showing their "thigh gap". Why do you think I want to see your crotch. Wear a shirt long enough to cover your crotch if you are going to wear yoga pants or yoga shorts. I don't want to see you crotch and stop showing your "thigh gap" It is low class.

By: honestly
by: HiNov 15, 2014 12:58:00 AM

Do you even go to tcu? If you did you'd know that almost every girl wears a size large tshirt or bigger which would be sufficient to cover their "thigh gap." It would be difficult for you to find any university where girls do not elect to wearing leggings and yoga pants, they are comfortable. If you are so offended by women showing their legs then maybe you should transfer.

By: Hi
by: ^Nov 15, 2014 9:47:58 AM

I'm not the one who wrote about Thigh Gaps, but I do see a lot of girls who don't cover their crotch area when they wear yoga pants. It isn't that I'm offended persay, but I don't really want to see people's crotches.

#5  by: No   

I dont know where all this BS is coming from, but TCU is not losing its class whatsoever. Each year we are becoming a more and more prestigious university, with brighter and brighter students. This pompous attitude coming from the comments above is asinine and by no means the attitude on campus. If by class you mean "arrogant" and "entitled", then please by all means go to SMU where you so rightfully belong. Go Frogs

By: No
by: ^Nov 7, 2014 6:14:14 PM

Yes, this university has become more sought after by Californians who can't get into their own colleges, but it is not more prestigious. Sorry, but we are losing ground. We need to get our class back.

by: DDDNov 20, 2014 12:17:41 AM

SO TRUE!!! Brighter students each year. SMU might be a better match for those that are entitled and arrogant.

By: DDD
#6  by: ha ha   

Not sure this school ever was a classy as it proported to be . At least I admit I went here because it was the only place I got into and I wanted to use my parents money to go away to school.

By: ha ha
#7  by: Girlntheno   

Texas Christian University will always have high class students, outstanding accommodations and some of the best schools of study around. Yes, there has been an influx of students who came here because they learned about us from the Big 12 and some are not as high in their standards. This will remain a highly desirable school any way.

By: Girlntheno
#8  by: Lowboys    

There does appear to be a lowering of behavior in recent years. It isn't fair to blame it on one state but it is a sad truth no matter why

By: Lowboys
#9  by: Frogghhhh   

The requirements to be accepted to TCU have gone up but I agree the conduct of students has dropped. Too many students who should have attend a state college in their home state is changing the atmosphere. Not all but some...

By: Frogghhhh
#10  by: Fact   

Do not be discouraged! There are still lots of people who have standards. Just like anywhere there are people that are loud and low class. Do not let them drown out all the good people that are here. TCU still attracts high quality students and that won't change anytime soon.

By: Fact

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.