facebook

fall 2015

by: Junior

If I am coming to TCU as a junior, would it be better for me to attempt to join the phi mu colony or try my shot at rush?

Posted By: Junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: thonest   

take whatever you get.

By: thonest
#2  by: Fall   

All houses have required upperclassmen numbers they have to accept during recruitment. Obviously, more bids go to freshman but if you are attractive, have good grades and Rec letters you could do just find during recruitment. Phi Mu also would offer the unique opportunity to colonize and lead a brand new house which would let you be a part of making their traditions. There is no wrong answer.

By: Fall
by: SpringtimeOct 17, 2014 9:35:52 AM

I think this person has given you solid information.

By: Springtime
by: //////Oct 18, 2014 9:43:47 PM

Fall has the best response for your situation.

By: //////
#3  by: FYI   

Phi Mu may be put off another year so fall or spring are your best options. Plus Phi Mu has a timeline for them to be established. If will take them a good three years to get going.

By: FYI
by: Crazy FrogOct 20, 2014 12:32:07 PM

Contact Greek life and get the real answers about Phi Mu. They need strong leaders to colonize and being older, this may be a perfect opportunity for you to lead.

By: Crazy Frog
by: GirlOct 21, 2014 10:50:40 AM

I would do just what the person ^ said. Get the facts which won't happen here.

By: Girl
by: Frog FactorOct 21, 2014 10:06:24 PM

Ditto to ^. Phi Mu could offer outstanding opportunities for an upperclassmen so I would find out the real facts.

By: Frog Factor
by: :)Oct 26, 2014 10:19:55 PM

Look in to Phi Mu. You could be a leader where being a new member as a junior will mean you probably miss out on this.

By: :)
#4  by: Soro   

Do what you would enjoy more. Juniors can get a house during recruitment but like someone else said your PC will be mainly freshman if you wait for fall recruitment. To join during the spring or help colonize PM would be more comfortable for an upperclassmen.

By: Soro
by: Now Oct 22, 2014 6:49:29 PM

Don't let other people that are strangers tell you what to do. Colonizing a group can be a life changing opportunities.

By: Now
#5  by: Phi Mu   

A incoming Junior would be welcome in the Phi Mu colony.

By: Phi Mu
#6  by: @tcu   

I would consider becoming a leader in colonizing Phi Mu. Spring recruitment is good too but as a Junior your fellow recruits will be younger with you which could be awkward.

By: @tcu
#7  by: Info   

You still have a shot at getting a house due to quotas but the springtime would likely work best for you.

By: Info
#8  by: New   

the colonization of phi mu has been pushed until 2016. So phi mu will not be an option in 2015

By: New
#9  by: Commander   

We are hearing Phi Mu will wait until 2016 to colonize here. Spring rush for sure.

By: Commander

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.