facebook

spring rush

by: Springtime

How does this work?

Posted By: Springtime
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 5
#1  by: Sizzle   

It is quiet--if a house would like to boost numbers from having a high drop or graduation rate they hold spring rush. It doesn't mean it's a bad house. Anyway, spring is so much about who you know. Their is not a huge recruitment like fall but the individual houses doing their own thing. You can sometimes get in a good house in spring but its a gamble too. They still need a slot and want to fill it with you.

By: Sizzle
by: @sizzleSep 2, 2014 2:26:05 PM

We'll stated facts

By: @sizzle
by: TCUSep 6, 2014 12:08:42 PM

Spring recruitment takes a lot of leg work on your part. You have to get to know and bond with current greek girls and hope their house spring rushes and hope your new friends will pull for your bid. It is more like how the fraternities work-its who you know.

By: TCU
by: TCU girlSep 9, 2014 9:50:13 PM

All the above. The process depends on you knowing/connecting with the right people ahead of time. No house other than AOPi is a for sure this spring and AOPi won't be once they build their numbers up.

By: TCU girl
by: Horn FrogOct 3, 2014 4:58:17 PM

This is exactly what you need to know. Meet people and let them know if your intersted.

By: Horn Frog
by: SoroOct 22, 2014 9:08:17 AM

Do not assume a house will not hold spring recruitment if you are interested in a house contact their members or the house directly. Right before Christmas break is a good time to start asking because they should know about graduates and most transfers by then.

By: Soro
#2  by: Hopping   

If you choose not to rush or dropped out this fall then consider spring recruitment. Houses don't publicize this much but spend this semester getting know people in the dorm, class, other groups. Once you know them you have two advantages: You will know about the houses and they will actually know you. Let your friends know you are interested and check with the house. The formula depends on the chapter but again get to know people and inquire.

By: Hopping
by: TCU Aug 27, 2014 10:50:04 AM

Not all houses have spring recruitment. Not even their members could tell you to much closer to that week. Houses do not go out of their way to publicize it because it means they need to bulk up their membership because the have list people. Sometimes you can still get into a good house but you should ask why they have places available. If they have a high drop rate is it because girls find out they aren't what they claimed to be during recruitment and are disappointed?

by: DaisyAug 28, 2014 12:53:44 AM

We will have to wait to see which groups loose people before you can find out which houses are doing this. It is a little different each year.

By: Daisy
by: !Sep 20, 2014 12:28:58 PM

Lots of good tips can be found on this thread. You will have limited choice and have to know people. Sometimes that works out perfectly though.

By: !
#3  by: Me   

This is a good way to join if regular recruitment is too much for you.

By: Me
by: GreeksSep 7, 2014 10:10:21 PM

Agreed

By: Greeks
by: ,Nov 17, 2014 11:51:33 AM

Knowing what I know now I would have jumped on spring recruitment. You get to know how the houses are thought of here and know some of their members before you commit. Keep a open dialogue with your greek friends or contact Panhellenic for more information. We are having a high transfer rate at TCU so chances are better than ever you can get a strong house without all the drama of normal recruitment in the fall. Go for it!!!!!!

By: ,
#4  by: doit   

I say do it . A lot of people sneak into great houses this way.

By: doit
by: GotTCUAug 29, 2014 11:34:00 PM

I second this

By: GotTCU
by: ????Sep 10, 2014 5:45:42 PM

Do not depend on spring rush to sneak you into that house that turned you down in the fall. Only houses that have lost members (drops, transfers or grads) hold spring recruitment. You also have to be plugged in with the right people. If all those things fit, then go for it. Just don't depend on it as some kind of golden ticket.

By: ????
#5  by: Rush   

Use your time this semester to get involved with people in your forms, classes, clubs...as we enter spring semester let them know you are interested in their house. Spring is under wraps and has everything to do with who you know. Remember every house does not offer this.

By: Rush
by: Well frogsSep 2, 2014 1:26:39 AM

This is perfect advice.

By: Well frogs
#6  by: Spring   

Check with your Greek friends as that time nears to see if they are holding a spring rush. Not every house will and they keep it kind of under the table. If a group didn't meet quota or had a high drop rate they may hold spring rush to build their numbers up. You will need friends to tell the group about you and nominate you for possible membership. It's an option but understand you will have limited choices.

By: Spring
by: NewsSep 14, 2014 9:55:26 PM

Excellent explanation

By: News
by: HoppyDec 3, 2014 1:49:46 AM

Spring will not find openings to every house but is a perfect time yo join without near as much stress

By: Hoppy
#7  by: Daisy   

Just because a house has a spring rush it doesn't mean it is a bad house. If a lot of girls graduate that could make them hold spring rush. No one can know this early out who will choose a spring recruitment but you can get into good houses this way if you know the right people.

By: Daisy
by: Check Sep 7, 2014 2:07:07 AM

So true

By: Check
by: ...Sep 12, 2014 3:40:44 PM

I would agree. It also doesn't mean you will get in either. It may be quieter but houses not give bids yo just anybody during spring.

By: ...
by: InfoOct 28, 2014 9:58:15 AM

Never assume a house is bad just because they hold spring recruitment. Graduation and transfers happen to every house.

By: Info
#8  by: .   

it is very secretive and quiet for sure.

By: .
#9  by: Freshman   

I realize I'm new here but I have heard that only houses with low numbers hold spring recruitment. My question would be why do they need too. Lots of girls got no bid so either that house wasn't all it claimed to be and people dropped or something. I would find out more before you settle.

By: Freshman
by: TCuSep 25, 2014 10:32:27 PM

This is a fair question. It could be as simple as they had girls graduate or transfer schools which is not a negative reflection. If people went for a name and become disillusioned because the house was catty or too low rent that is completely different. Ask the friends you want to help get you in what happened to their group this year. You should know before you accept. There is always next fall as another option.

By: TCu
by: KathySep 29, 2014 12:11:27 AM

You should ask this before you think it's a great offer. It may be or that chapter may be having issues.

By: Kathy
by: Judge TCUOct 20, 2014 12:39:47 PM

Smart girl--A house could just have a lot of graduates but they also may be living off a name a members because disillusioned after they join and quite. Be smart before you join.

By: Judge TCU
by: !!Oct 22, 2014 6:55:22 PM

Agreeing with Freshman ^^^

By: !!
#10  by: TCU    

Good information throughout

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.