facebook

maximizing invites?

by: Confused

People keep writing that you should maximize your invites? But I thought you HAVE TO maximize your invites everyday but pref... People keep phrasing it as though it is a choice?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Rush   

A few unintelligent girls "commit suicide" by only putting one house down or by not including every house they are invited back to as part of their pref list. They may think they are above a house or have a "promise" from a house. Those are the girls that end up with no bids and no one feels sorry for them. You must pref all your choices just like the houses pref every girl. Then the mutual selection process can happen. Suicide is the dumbest thing a recruit could do. Be warned!

By: Rush
by: gogreekJul 16, 2014 11:06:03 AM

^Couldn't agree more. Basically, if you are invited back to three houses on pref round, you must write ALL THREE on your pref card, even if you feel positive you will get your top pick and you feel like you definitely wouldn't want the other two. You never know what could happen.

By: gogreek
by: YesJul 16, 2014 6:22:47 PM

I totally agree with the above advice. Be grateful for any invite and your life will be much happier.

By: Yes
by: SunnyJul 20, 2014 1:15:52 AM

Amen for this post. If you choose to commit suicide you are straight up dumb. All our houses deserve your respect!

By: Sunny
by: Summertime SasJul 20, 2014 7:41:29 PM

Wow! Thi

By: Summertime Sas
by: Summertime SasJul 20, 2014 7:43:33 PM

Wow! This thread is totally on point. Never commit suicide no matter what promises you think you have been given. Any promise during recruitment is against every panhellinic rule and tells you the caliber of person or house that is breaking those rules.

By: Summertime Sas
by: Yes!Jul 23, 2014 9:39:25 PM

Also, if you put all of your houses you attend preference for on your pref card, you WILL get a bid to one of them. It's guaranteed. It may not be your first or second choice, but you will not end up bidless. They will find a place for you even if you were not high enough on anyone's list. That is what maximizing is really all about.

You CAN end up bidless if you leave off any of the houses. (Suiciding.) If you are not high enough on the only houses you list on your bid card and if you don't list all your options, game over. And no, they will not want you next year either. There are no do overs if you commit suicide.

I promise that being in any sorority at TCU is way better than being a GDI. Give all the groups a chance.

By: Yes!
by: Fort Worthy Jul 30, 2014 11:24:17 PM

The real deal answer

By: Fort Worthy
by: €Aug 4, 2014 2:46:59 AM

You know every house is required to list every girl for that day and a girls for recruitment are the ones needing a bid so for any PNM to not do the same is offensive and wrong.

By: €
#2  by: Frog   

If someone is arrogant enough to think they will only accept one or two houses for bids then they deserve to end up with nothing. It's no loss to our Greek community.

By: Frog
by: WowJul 20, 2014 11:15:09 PM

He'll yeah!

By: Wow
by: NoJul 21, 2014 3:03:08 AM

If you are promised a bid it means nothing. The ones making the promise is dishonest. Don't fall for this plan which often has the objective of having you dropped. Play by the rules and list every house that is on your card in order of interest. Anything less is going to bite you later.

By: No
#3  by: Hummmm   

If you don't listen up to the information given here you are playing Russian roulette with your possibility of joining the Greek community.

By: Hummmm
#4  by: 123   

Totally truthful advice for all incoming girls. List every chapter that lists you. You never know where your life friends will come from.

By: 123
#5  by: advice   

And if you don't get your first choice and end up in a house that you don't think "fits" you, I have some advice. Forget the other house. They will never want you. Not this spring or next fall. No matter what. You will never be a member there.

So now what? You have a bid in your hand to a house that's lower on greekrank than you think fits your estimation of yourself. You can turn it down and be independent or you can embrace that house and LEARN TO LOVE it. (You will need to do this even if you get your first choice.) Get involved. Go over to the house and introduce yourself. Run for an office in your class. Participate in everything. Go to the house to study. It's up to you to make the most of your life. Don't complain and drop out. Live life LARGE and ENJOY!

By: advice
by: Yes!Jul 23, 2014 9:34:01 PM

All of this. You need to do all of it no matter where you end up, in your first choice or your last. Your sorority experience will be what you make it and you need to go in and grab it! Good luck PNMs! Being in any sorority at TCU is an awesome experience!

By: Yes!
by: TCU SmartsJul 24, 2014 10:54:32 PM

Whoever posted "advice" has given such a words of wisdom. All our houses offer such opportunity that is there for you to participate in. Go for it and let the letters fall where they may!!

By: TCU Smarts
by: ^^^^^Jul 27, 2014 11:09:52 PM

True. Even if you have a perfect recruitment and get your first choice, you have a huge group of girls you don't know. You have to make the effort. Really there are such great girls in every house that I promise you will find best friends. Maybe on bid day, but maybe on a rainy October afternoon when you're studying together and get off the subject and discover you're soul mates. So don't be shy. Throw yourself into it. All the houses are good; being greek is good; being independent means you're missing a wonderful experience.

By: ^^^^^
by: VApr 5, 2015 6:22:18 PM

Don't follow this to your own demise

By: V
#6  by: Greek   

If after all this warning you choose to not maximize your invites then if you end up with nothing, you will deserve it. Do not enter this process thinking your too good for anything. There will be over 1000 other excellent girls doing the same thing.

By: Greek
by: Frog loverJul 26, 2014 2:53:36 PM

I completely agree. A GDI must have written the response below and she can't know what she has missed out on.

By: Frog lover
#7  by: yes   

it is a choice... If you honestly can't see yourself anywhere else, then why would you pay the expensive dues to be in a house you don't want to be in? I know waaaayyyyy cooler 'GDIs' than a lot of girls in (insert names of houses.) do what is right for you!

By: yes
by: BecauseJul 25, 2014 2:35:44 PM

Almost every girl that wanted to go Greek and drops out regrets it when she sees how much fun everyone has.

By: Because
by: YeahJul 25, 2014 10:45:27 PM

and recruitment is so fast and emotional, you really aren't thinking straight at the end. You think you may be sure of everything, but you're really only going on a few minutes of meeting and (hopefully not) things other people are saying about them. Things look very different once recruitment is over. If you get a bid to a house you don't think you can fit into, at least give it a chance. If you end up with a party list where you don't see yourself fitting in any of them, still keep going. You could be losing out on one of the best experiences of your life!

By: Yeah
by: ^Jul 28, 2014 8:35:44 AM

What's that saying, something like: from the outside looking in you can never understand it. From the inside looking out you can never explain it.

GO GREEK!!!!

By: ^
#8  by: Girl   

Never suicide and always be excited about those that want you. Great advice to be found on this thread.

By: Girl
#9  by: News Flash   

Learn this lesson before recruitment and you will have a much better experience.

By: News Flash
by: StudentAug 1, 2014 2:44:03 AM

I hope our incoming girls read everything on this post. We are a supportive community and you are being steered in the right direction. Make the most of your time and go Greek!!!

By: Student
by: RoseyApr 6, 2015 10:37:12 PM

This is one of the most intelligent and mature threads on here! It's about friendship not greek letters

By: Rosey
#10  by: ^^^   

Will you want me if I'm a size 22? I have to keep asking myself if this welcoming vibe is real, or just for some. Very nervous about this.

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.