facebook

rushing

by: local

I'm from Texas and want to know if that helps or hurts during rush. Does where your from play a part in the process of choosing a pledge class?

Posted By: local
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: tcurush   

Some will say it does, some will say it doesnt depending on who you talk to. From my personal experience, it is something they may consider to form a better understanding of who you are. sometimes they will look at where you are from just to consider your financial situation for the mere fact that greek life can be pretty costly! If dues are not met, mixers and other fun events will be cancelled. But this is not the only thing they look at to determine this. Sorry for rambling, but it doesnt make a difference where you are from. They weight personality, academics, and sisterhood compatibility waaaay more than where you are from.

By: tcurush
by: Rush May 5, 2014 11:41:45 PM

I like this response. It doesn't ramble but explains the whole picture.

By: Rush
by: IncomingMay 27, 2014 9:43:26 PM

This was what I wanted to know.

By: Incoming
by: InfoJun 13, 2014 5:16:29 PM

Tcurush gave a perfect answer. Others things are so much more important.

By: Info
by: AnswerJun 14, 2014 12:39:57 PM

This person has done a good job with their answer. It helps with a few groups but over-all it is down the list. Even those that are known for preferring girls from Texas have out of state members now.

By: Answer
#2  by: Frog   

Most houses do not put a higher importance on where you are from. DDD and KKG do seem to prefer Texas girls. Our XO house requires lots of strings to get a bid so being attached to the Texas girls helps. Like the post before states there are other factors that are much more important.

By: Frog
by: !!May 2, 2014 4:49:20 PM

Truthful insight

By: !!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.