facebook

fraternity leadership/involvement

by: Frogman

Which frat is most involved in greek activities and in leadership around campus?

Posted By: Frogman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Truth   

Pi Kapp, Beta, Sigep are the main one's and Delt to an extent.

By: Truth
by: TodayApr 12, 2014 4:35:35 PM

This is a good list. These groups actually do things around campus.

By: Today
by: TCUApr 12, 2014 5:01:01 PM

I agree all 4 of these chapters are very involved and seen around campus

By: TCU
by: true!Apr 13, 2014 5:08:00 PM

Fact!

By: true!
by: factApr 14, 2014 9:41:08 PM

This is accurate. Overall our Greek system is strong, but these 3 are the real deal when it comes to grades and involvement. They know how to have fun but get down to business too. Don't know anything about Delt though?

By: fact
by: froggyApr 15, 2014 12:26:42 AM

Great question and solid answer. In addition to grades and campus involvement these frats focus on philanthropy to help the community as well. All around great frats and good options for a new recruit. Good luck and welcome to TCU!

By: froggy
by: @tcuApr 15, 2014 10:49:05 PM

This is the way it is

By: @tcu
by: fratApr 16, 2014 2:05:45 AM

These frats will be more selective during recruitment in regards to grades and former leadership positions in high school. If thats been your focus and it's what you're looking for then they'll be a good fit.

By: frat
by: BossApr 17, 2014 5:18:46 PM

If you are looking for quality men who are intelligent and involved in activities then these are the fraternities to look in to.

By: Boss
#2  by: Treehouse    

All these groups are made up of men with some character. Probably one reason that get so much grief from other frats.

By: Treehouse
by: $$Apr 19, 2014 1:49:20 AM

These men will be the leaders we we graduate. Outstanding groups!

By: $$
by: Texas GalAug 26, 2014 1:54:32 PM

Totally True

By: Texas Gal
#3  by: chio   

At our recent fraternity and sorority life awards banquet Beta took home 5 awards (the most of any frat) and Sig Ep took home 4. Also
Beta usually wins grades and they're 2nd in intramurals and Sig ep is 1st in intramurals and 2nd in grades. So there's that. Pi Kapp is up there too for involvement. These frats get crap from the frats who focus on partying, hazing and brotherhood. If you're focus is involvement, grades and class look at these three because they'll be the best fit for you. Good luck and go Greek!

By: chio
by: YepApr 13, 2014 11:25:46 AM

Agreed. This is how it is.

By: Yep
by: TCUApr 13, 2014 2:14:21 PM

I like how you specifically leave out brotherhood but mention how the other fraternities not named beta,pi kap, or Sig ep focus on this. I don't know what you believe but I'm pretty sure brotherhood is way more important that being involved with SGA or some other random club. After all brotherhood is why fraternities exist everything else is just extra. If you don't have brotherhood than being in a fraternity is pointless. And as you brought up those three have the weakest brotherhood.

by: Huh?Apr 13, 2014 3:37:35 PM

And for you to assume they don't have brotherhood when you aren't a member of any them is ignorant. You don't have to aggressively haze and degrade your pledges to create bonds and brotherhood. Just sayin...

By: Huh?
by: ^Apr 13, 2014 7:54:13 PM

One hazing was never even mentioned or talked about so I don't where that came from. Speaking from experience some hazing is a good thing, it does help bring the pledge class together and gives them something to bond over. Additionally, you appreciate it a lot more when you had to do some work and had some hazing throughout pledgeship. Now I'm not saying all hazing is good, I don't agree with forcing kids to drink or physically hurting kids. That stuff is stupid, but there needs to be some separation from actives and pledges.

By: ^
by: cheerApr 15, 2014 12:56:45 AM

From what I can tell these frats have separation between pledges and actives, they just don't do nasty hazing like the other frats do. At least they don't have the reputation for doing hard core stuff. I mean who really knows what goes on but they haven't been in trouble like a lot of them and they are known for being good guys.

By: cheer
by: FroggyApr 15, 2014 5:19:28 PM

Fact

By: Froggy
by: @cheerApr 15, 2014 7:14:47 PM

You say they don't do hardcore hazing like other fraternities, what qualifies as hardcore hazing because for the most part hazing at TCU really isn't an issue. There are maybe 5 fraternities that truly haze here those being sae, kappa Sig, phi delt, Sig chi, and phi kap. Other than those I don't really think any fraternities really do anything that could be considered nasty hazing.

By: @cheer
by: nopeApr 15, 2014 10:46:46 PM

Don't forget Lamda Chi. Everyone knows they are in a crap load of trouble.

By: nope
by: LolApr 17, 2014 9:56:45 AM

This is much more impressive than who hazes harder. What a joke! If you want to be thought of as a good fraternity then do something positive.

By: Lol
by: CaliApr 18, 2014 3:03:51 AM

These frats are definitely involved and you hear about them all the time. They're very visible on campus and known for quality guys.

By: Cali
by: WowMay 1, 2014 11:51:38 PM

Some groups think hazing and degrading their members make them a better fraternity than ones who do positive things for the community and themselves...You can't argue with such simpleminded logic. Those guys deserve each other. Meanwhile us TCU ladies are happy to meet some men with class and a brain.

By: Wow
by: SummerMay 17, 2014 12:19:57 PM

If you want to be in a positive group that has class these are the ones to go for. If you want to get wasted and haze each other then not so much. It depends on what a person values. Funny how those that don't do anything positive like to say they are better...

By: Summer
by: LizMay 26, 2014 1:45:46 AM

The groups who only party say they have better brotherhood. These guys take action. Talk is cheap boys.

By: Liz
by: XJun 10, 2014 9:21:46 AM

These are facts that are not disputable. If you want to belong to groups that do positive things then these are your top groups to chose from. Being in a fraternity should be about more than who can get the most wasted and hazing. Quality girls like the guys from these quality groups.

By: X
by: FrogsJul 21, 2014 11:07:34 AM

These 3 groups are certainly the best for getting involved and acting like leaders around campus. Sig Ep is in a lot of trouble for folding their house at the end of the year. I've heard they are on probation but don't know this for sure. These groups aren't the most popular among the fraternities. Their arguments seem pitiful-they lack brotherhood and hazing...Just know these awe the strongest groups for what you have asked but they also are not popular with the party boy crowd.

By: Frogs
by: TrueAug 15, 2014 2:29:39 PM

Some facts for incoming guys to know. Make an educated choice.

By: True
by: FactSep 6, 2014 7:03:27 PM

People need to lay off Sig Ep. These are facts. The Seniors that screwed the plumbing are gone.

By: Fact
#4  by: TCU   

Accurate

#5  by: Frat?   

I don't think it is possible for an outsider to judge any groups brotherhood. They can factually say a groups GPA and awards but brotherhood is individual so even within a house feeling on that will be mixed. It's all about a persons priorities.

By: Frat?
by: TCUApr 13, 2014 3:32:52 PM

While its not possible to gauge brotherhood 100% accurately it is obvious to see/tell if the people are close to each other and especially easy to spot lack of brotherhood when the brothers don't even know everyone. No one is saying that you have to be best friends with everyone in your fraternity but when people don't even know people in their fraternity that speaks to a problem with their brotherhood. Like I said one can never gauge it with 100â„… accuracy but it is definitely possible to get a good feel

by: yaApr 13, 2014 4:36:01 PM

I agree with frat. If you aren't a member then you have no clue what their brotherhood is or isn't like.

By: ya
#6  by: Pals   

One of my best friend's is a sig ep and my roommate's boyfriend is a Beta. These frats get a long well and most are great guys. Both have fun events but get down to business when it comes to academics and all things resume building if you know what I mean. Hope this helps and good luck!

By: Pals
by: &Apr 18, 2014 4:42:52 PM

I think Delts are nice. They keep a lower profile and aren't known as much but they don't really care either. They take care of business in school but are not as involved as the others.

By: &
by: TCU 2dayMay 5, 2014 10:08:13 PM

Couldn't argue with this answer. Some of the groups that claim to be top are top in the drunk loser category and that's about all.

By: TCU 2day
#7  by: theta   

It's mostly Betas, Sig Eps and Pi Kapps. You see them all around campus involved in everything. I've been to great events this year with all of them too. All around good guys who work hard but also have fun. Definitely the top 3 for what you're looking for.

By: theta
by: ^Apr 22, 2014 12:26:34 AM

Top three period! These frats are building their futures while the others are just building their beer bellies. Seriously!

by: YesApr 22, 2014 10:20:23 AM

Love the comment from ^ because it is so true.

By: Yes
by: Yes!Apr 22, 2014 1:11:03 PM

Well said haha! Love it and so true!

By: Yes!
by: FactApr 23, 2014 5:51:08 PM

Spot on answer. If you want to do more than abuse substances and use girls these are our quality men.

By: Fact
by: GladMay 26, 2014 7:39:42 PM

The answer from ^ is cracking me up/speaking truth.

By: Glad
by: Who knowsSep 10, 2014 5:54:31 PM

This still holds true. We will have to see how SigEp holds up with loosing their house, debt and probation. It is a shame a group that was known for doing good has a shadow over them now.

By: Who knows
#8  by: FYI   

These folks are in the know.

By: FYI
#9  by: --   

Even with their troubles SigEp is still a leader when it comes to campus involvement.

By: --
#10  by: Man   

Fraternity is about brotherhood not charity work. What a joke

By: Man
by: ^Sep 7, 2014 1:50:51 AM

Ewww! You're a joke! What frat are you in and my zisters and I will stay far away!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.