facebook

rush

by: TCUfreshmangirl

There's a lot of posts on here about comparing the sororities... But i'd really love to know more about rush. Past experiences, advice, what to wear, or anything else you'd want to share about it for an incoming freshman. thanks!

Posted By: TCUfreshmangirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 7
#1  by: Howdy   

There is a link on the main TCU website that will list exactly what you are supposed to wear each day. Try to follow this carefully. You will visit each house the first couple of days and then be invited back for longer visits to some houses. Do NOT give yourself the grief of thinking you know what the house is you want. There is no way you will know by this site or someone elses experience.Be yourself and see how you feel in each house. You want to end up in the house that will make you happy. That will be the house that wants you, makes you feel welcome and has your values. The letters in a lot of ways are the least important. I hope this helps.

By: Howdy
by: SummertimeMay 4, 2014 9:03:19 PM

Excell

By: Summertime
#2  by: Rush   

The advise above is good. Be yourself and you will end up where you fit.

By: Rush
#3  by: TCU14   

Get you pref letters in on time, follow the what to wear guideline link closely, be yourself so people can try to get to know you and do not believe you know about the houses. Reputations are just that. You want to end up in a house with girls who want you and have similar interest. If you follow this advise you will end up with the right sisters. Good luck!!!!!

By: TCU14
#4  by: pnm   

I was looking at the TCU recruitment page and I was I know on pref round pnms are typically supposed to wear heels, is it ok if I wear wedges or should I stick with actual heels?

By: pnm
#5  by: You Gotta Know   

A wedge isn't going to make or break you if a house wants you but do follow the attire section very closely.

By: You Gotta Know
#6  by: Advice   

Agreed with the above post by Question. Be normal, be natural, and you will find your fit. Some houses put on shows during rush that don't always reflect how involved they are in actuality (AXO, SK, DG, KKG, even DDD) so be careful there and beware of dirty rushing from XO. Don't get your heart set on a house on Day 1 just because you like the outfit they're wearing. Base your decisions on how comfortable you would be if you had a really bad day-- would these girls sit around in sweatpants watching chick flicks and eating ice cream with you if your boyfriend broke up with you?-- or how excited they would be for you if you found out really amazing news. They're going to be your sisters, with or without the letters and songs and clapping and outfits, so choose based on their conversations, character, and heart.

By: Advice
by: SpringMar 6, 2014 5:28:52 PM

Whoever posted this told it the way it is. All our chapters are good do be old minded and go where you are most comfortable. That is what matters in the end.

By: Spring
by: Insider Mar 22, 2014 12:44:16 AM

Wonderful advise. Maybe the best thing on this whole site.

By: Insider
by: Truth Mar 22, 2014 11:27:56 AM

LOVE this honest post

By: Truth
by: :)May 9, 2014 4:17:20 PM

Above information is something PNMs need to know.

By: :)
by: SamJun 12, 2015 3:15:04 PM

I so wish someone had keyed me into this before my recruitment because it is so true.

By: Sam
#7  by: Amazing   

The post above is amazing advise.

By: Amazing
#8  by: Wow!   

Absolutely love post 7! It is so true, you want a house with sisters who care about you. Look past letter on the house and in to how the girls make YOU feel. Be yourself and see who you connect with. It's harder to know when the show a house is putting on is not who they are but the posts on this question have cued you on who to watch out for. Good luck!!

By: Wow!
by: FrawgMar 24, 2014 2:23:16 PM

Follow post 7 and you will be set

By: Frawg
by: BullseyeMar 24, 2014 9:04:44 PM

Lots of helpful info on here. 7 is on target!

By: Bullseye
by: TCU May 17, 2014 12:43:18 AM

I would agree with the others the 7 gives great advise.

By: TCU
by: @Post 7Jun 10, 2015 11:29:43 PM

Perfect

By: @Post 7
#9  by: Helpful to Know   

This post is one of the most helpful to PNM'S on this site. Rush is hectic and emotional. It can be hard to know what a house would really be like if you joined under during such a unnatural circumstance. The best advise is to be yourself and try to look past the smoke and mirrors that some houses put on and focus on how the girls make you feel. All the lists and ranks usually do not matter if you do not click with the girls who will be your sisters. They know better than you if you will fit so trust those that invite you back and don't focus on those that don't. In the end you are looking for girls with similar values who will be there for you no matter what.

By: Helpful to Know
by: Campus 14Mar 23, 2014 9:00:07 PM

Perfect advise

By: Campus 14
by: Information NowMar 23, 2014 11:53:48 PM

Seems like this thread is all good advise but I especially like this girls attitude.

By: Information Now
by: !Apr 17, 2014 5:27:46 PM

One of the most helpful threads on here

By: !
#10  by: Frog   

Great advise on these posts. Be yourself and be gracious to EVERY house. It won't help you be invited back to any of them if you aren't. Finally, you can't go off what others say about a house. Go with your heart and you will end up happy with your choice.

By: Frog

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.