facebook

rushing as a junior?

by: CuseTransfer

im transferring to su as a junior this fall and from what it looks like, fall rush isn't even worth it. is it also not worth it to rush in the spring as a junior? I'm moving from out of state and just thought joining a sorority would be a good way to meet people but idk.

Posted By: CuseTransfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ??   

If you don't think fall rush is worth it then neither is spring. Since you're a junior you'll have a hard enough time getting a bid regardless if its fall or spring....

By: ??
by: CuseTransferJun 30, 2015 3:53:01 PM

i just meant it wouldn't be worth it cause it looks like there won't be many options this fall, but there will be more options during the spring.

By: CuseTransfer
#2  by: well   

Youre going to be rushing with 80% freshman and 20% sophomores, and youre going to be at the bottom of the barrel if you get a bid

By: well
by: Not trueJun 30, 2015 9:55:46 PM

Don't listen to this post above me. It's a perfect way to become social in a new school. And let's face it- if you're beautiful there isn't a house that wouldn't give you a bid

By: Not true
by: @WellJun 30, 2015 10:44:36 PM

Rude and catty af. She will get a bid from anywhere as long as she's hot. Don't worry OP.

By: @Well
#3  by: hi   

Everyone says juniors have a hard time rushing but idk how many rushed last spring, but im in like an upper middle house and there were two juniors in my pc and we all loved them

By: hi
#4  by: ..   

Try to make some friends in houses and see if you can go through informal recruitment. Houses are a lot more willing to take you then as a junior.

And honestly I went through as a sophomore and I like to think I'm a reasonably nice, cool person and half the houses cut me first day (top houses primarily. And agd lol so random). But if you stand out more than I did then that might not happen. And like I said: I still had 6 houses to go back to the next day.

Good luck. Hope you decide to rush. It's a great experience going Greek.

By: ..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.