facebook

jw

by: pnm

Whats the likelihood of a girl not receiving any bid/getting completely dropped during recruitment?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: try it   

It truly is very rare for girls to not get bids during recruitment but there is a higher likelihood that a girl will drop because there is some reason she doesn't feel she will fit in with the houses she has for pref. But please don't worry about this and go through recruitment, otherwise you'll never know!

By: try it
#2  by: yo   

it's pretty high if you suck

By: yo
#3  by: Me   

I was left with one house by the time I got to pref that I didn't love but I ended up staying and really liked it. I don't know any girl who got dropped from every house but I know a lot who ended up with 1 or 2 that they didn't love and so they dropped.

By: Me
#4  by: My year   

When I went through recruitment in 2013 a lot of girls (200-300ish) did not get bids. It was very competitive. Dphie was not a house a pi phi left so we were missing a house. I got a bid to my first choice but my roommates did not get bids at all.

By: My year
#5  by: actually   

The first comment is pretty accurate. Recruitment is a mutual selection process. You rank houses, they rank you. The computer looks at it from the house's perspective first and fills the house's lists with girls who are willing to go there. If you don't get a house back that you liked, it's because they liked other girls better than you. Sorry, but it's true. Some girls drop out because they don't like their choices, but the truth is, freshman year is the best you'll ever do. It is the wrong decision to drop recruitment because you don't think you'll fit in with your choices. It's ridiculous to think that you're too good for the only sororities that are interested in you. If girls wouldn't drop out of recruitment for stupid reasons like that, all our sororities would be at the same level.

By: actually

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.