facebook

rankings

by: Confused

I have been accepted to Syracuse next Fall as well as other schools across the country. I have been researching Greek organizations and am so confused on how Syracuse is ranking their Greek system. Most other schools rank on grades, sisterhood, and involvement and there is no nasty comments regarding girls looks or behaviors. Why does this school use tiers and no objective means in its rankings and why do you tear your sisters down just because they are in a different house? Seeing what is posted on this site makes me question going Greek and makes me also question what kind of students go to this school because it doesn't seem supportive of each other. ThoughtS?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yea   

100% true

By: yea
#2  by: Just A Thought   

I'm not sure if you committed to Cuse yet, but I sincerely hope that you are not using greek life as a major contributing factor as to whether or not you go. You truly never know what a place is like until you actually go there. Yes, this website is caddy. We're a very social media oriented school and people here are used to writing online, so it makes sense. Are there problems with the way houses interact with each other? Yes. Does it keep me from having friends in other houses, being supportive, and being proud of my sisterhood? No. It's not perfect, but if it works for you, it works. We don't do rush until the spring semester, so if you do decide to come here (which I highly suggest you do. Best decision of my life, without a doubt) you will have an entire semester to figure out how greek life is yourself and how you feel about it. Don't judge based on this website because the only way you'll know all the facts are when you've collected them yourself in person. With that said...congrats on the acceptances and I hope you're happy with wherever you choose/have chosen! :]

By: Just A Thought
by: ConfusedApr 9, 2014 10:43:07 PM

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I wish more girls would use this site to inform than year down. It would make the prospect of choosing a school and deciding to rush seem less scary. Going Greek is not the reason I would choose a school, but if you are going to spend most of your free time with your sisters you better have something in common other than being pretty or partying. Thanks.

By: Confused
#3  by: Realist   

There are few people that actually post on here compared to the size of the Greek population. Don't let it skew your decision. The experience here is incredible and this site does not do SU or Greek life justice

By: Realist
#4  by: Confused    

Thank you. I just couldn't imagine Greek life could be as awful as it is seems on this website. It's too bad a few rotten girls are making such a bad impression for Syracuse.

By: Confused
#5  by: kk   

im not sure what you're looking at because this is how people act on greekrank for most schools..... greekrank is a catty site no matter what school you're looking up. its a stupid website

By: kk
#6  by: be wise   

I love this post and want to meet u but I'm not trying to do it over this bc its stupid but i hope one day i cross your path bc i wish i could show u that there is so much more to greek life. Girls are nasty^^^^ as you can seeā€¦ they will say the meanest things especially to make their house seem better. But trust me, there are many beneficial sides to greek, also other clubs etc around campus. There are houses that you will go to and will automatically click once you get there.

By: be wise

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.