facebook

fall or spring

by: GMCray

I will be a incoming freshman this fall and was wondering if it's better to rush during the fall semester or spring. I've heard that it's easier to get a bid from sororities in the fall at certain schools, but I'm not sure if applies to Iowa state. Which is better?

Posted By: GMCray
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Been there   

It's not necessarily easier one way or the other. You'll get the full recruitment experience during the fall semester, I would definitely recommend giving it a try. However, if it's not the right time for you, there is informal recruitment in the spring. There is a catch though, not all houses do informal recruitment. They may participate if they did not meet a "quota" for the fall or other various reasons. But not all of them will participate. I would highly recommend fall recruitment. You'll meet a lot of new friends and it helps make the transition to college easier.

By: Been there
#2  by: Did Fall Recruitment   

I think that fall recruitment is a better option, because you get to see every single chapter that ISU have, only some chapters do spring recruitment. If you participate in the fall, you get to move in early, which is a great way to meet friends on your floor and get adjusted to campus before everyone show up. Plus there's a bunch of fun activities at the beginning of the year, Bid Day, Serenades, and sisterhood activities.

By: Did Fall Recruitment

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.