facebook

fraternities

by: a Fall 2015 Freshman

This upcoming fall I will be attending Iowa State and I'm interested in joining a fraternity. I'm into parties but still keep up academically, what would be a good frat for this? Also, would you recommend coming to visit frats BEFORE my freshman year, or just during the school year?

Posted By: a Fall 2015 Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: youknow   

Definitely come before. 90% of recruitment for fraternities at ISU is done during the summer. Try to come to Greek visit weekend or go to the greek orientation seminar during your summer orientation and you'll start to get contacted. As far as academics some of the better big houses this last semester were Farmhouse SigEp and Phi Delts. Acacia is always one of the best small houses for grades. Ones you might want to avoid if you're worried about academic focus would be Pike, Delts, Sig chi, ato, Fiji. But definitely come visit houses and get a feel for what fits you best.

By: youknow
#2  by: Neighbor   

I would definitely come over the summer. As for houses, definitely check out Phi Delt, Sig Ep, or Sig Pi. All of them throw some good parties but focus on academics first. Don't think you'd go wrong with any of those 3.

By: Neighbor
by: JokeMar 31, 2015 1:35:04 PM

Sig pi has a 2.8 house Gpa

By: Joke

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.