facebook

be true to yourself

by: Yes I Copied This Post

Everything in life has a ranking. There will always be someone "better" than you at something and someone else " not as good" as you. It's the manner in which you deal with it that counts. Improve yourself and strive to be better at what ever it is. Do not be bitter and hateful towards people that are perceived better or worse than you are because it's only reflecting on yourself. Lying to people is wrong no matter your motive or how you justify it. We do have a tier system at OU. Ignoring it or lying about it won't further your cause. You might be surprised if you knew my house. I am not preoccupied with ranks because they have no hold on me. I can be honest about them because they don't define me or have anything to do with me. I strive to improve myself and my house. People who strive to destroy houses have low self esteem and low self respect. I can honestly list the tiers as most perceive them at OU and it does not threaten me or my house. We are secure in who we are and the people we have chosen to surround ourselves with. I agree girls should get off this site and look at the houses social media but I'm not so threatened by rankings that I bully people and tell them they don't matter. They do to some people and are irrelevant to others. I'm happy with myself, my house, and those I call sisters. With that said I challenge you to take the power of ranks away by admitting they exist and be honest about them
Top- KAO KKG PBP XO DDD
Mid- Aphi DG GPB AXO
Lower- AOP AGD

Posted By: Yes I Copied This Post
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: to the girl above   

we know you like your house and put it in the top but most people don't -be honest about that and now stop posting your own personal opinions and saying it's some kind of universal truth

By: to the girl above
by: AgreeJun 24, 2015 12:49:12 PM

Completely

By: Agree
by: Chi Os are hypocrites!Jun 24, 2015 2:43:25 PM

Wow. You are such a hypocrite Chi O!!! You aren't top tier and that is the truth. Most people don't even consider you mid tier anymore and if you do then you are lower mid tier.

By: Chi Os are hypocrites!
by: ^^^Jun 24, 2015 2:48:17 PM

I feel sorry for you. You do not represent all the great Greeks at OU.

By: ^^^
#2  by: Anon   

This is a great post.:))

By: Anon
by: ^Jun 24, 2015 2:04:11 PM

You missed the point. Don't obsess with tiers and don't deny they exist. Be true to yourself and find a house that makes you happy. The only person's opinion that effects you is your own. Don't let someone or something dictate your own happiness. I can recognize the majority opinion and be honest about it. I don't care because I'm happy.

By: ^
by: nahJun 24, 2015 2:42:00 PM

I think you missed the point that the girl made about acknowledging that her version of ranking is the only one that is "honest." I for one don't know anyone who agrees with her.

By: nah
by: ^^^^Jun 24, 2015 2:46:08 PM

I know a lot of Greeks from a lot of houses the tiers are correct but houses within the tiers could be moved around. I agree with the original post. I didn't join a house because of its tier. If you did I feel badly for you.

By: ^^^^
#3  by: Hmm   

Being better at something like a sport is one thing. You are telling people that you are better because of the letters you wear. That is not better at "something". I think every girl could get over the fact seem one is better at a sport, a class, performing etc. Don't try to justify your conceit and need to be recognized as superior. God created everyone equal. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Two to three letters on your chest do not represent better, simple different. Get over yourself.

By: Hmm
by: ^^^Jun 24, 2015 12:58:33 PM

Sorry but I wrote it and you are making assumptions about which house I'm in. You are mistaken.

by: @3Jun 24, 2015 2:06:55 PM

If only you believed beauty was in the eye of the beholder. You clearly don't since ranks bother you. Sorry but everything in life has a rank. Chose to ignore ranks and live your life. You will be happier.

By: @3
by: aboveJun 24, 2015 2:42:55 PM

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and your set of ranks have nothing in common.

By: above
#4  by: To Copier   

If you think ranks are universally agreed to and acknowledge that lying is wrong, why do you constantly put your house in the top when no one else does and in the face of everyone telling you they don't belong there?

Most people believe ranking is an opinion and opinions are neither right or wrong, lies or truth - they're justified or not justified. So I would say your opinion about your house is not a lie but is more an unjustified opinion. Wrong in my books, but not a lie.

When you say most everyone agrees with you? That's a lie.

By: To Copier
by: @4Jun 24, 2015 2:51:39 PM

it does represent the majority opinion like it states. I agree with it and I don't care. My house is perfect for me. I could not careless how people rank my house.

By: @4
by: ^^^Jun 24, 2015 3:23:15 PM

I feel sorry for you. Stop worrying about ranks. Be happy in your house with your friends. Ask yourself why ranks are more important to you than your sisterhood. You won't find happiness until your opinion of yourself and your house is more important to you than other people's opinion of you and your house.

#5  by: Thanks!   

Not every house or girl cares about status but unfortunately the loony tune from that one house can't get over being cut from top houses. I feel so sorry for her. She seeks validation from girls who didn't want her as a sister. Low Self Esteem!! Don't be her. She is pathetic.

By: Thanks!
by: NickJun 25, 2015 6:41:03 AM

Sure is! But ever one knows that Chi O is pathetic. My god what are they trying to accomplish?

By: Nick
by: ^^^Jun 25, 2015 10:14:59 AM

I feel sorry for you. If your house isn't what you want it to be you should work on your house. This post has good advice. You should take it otherwise you will never be happy.

#6  by: Great Advice   

Find a house you <3 and ranks are irrelevant :)))

By: Great Advice
by: ^Jul 1, 2015 7:54:21 PM

good advice

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.