facebook

attention pnms

by: TTG

Ignore all the sunshine that our friends from Panhellenic are trying to push down your throat on this site and others. The truth is not every sorority is good or worth joining. Some should have been closed down years ago to make way for new sororities or allow for expansion of existing successful ones. These girls touting all houses regardless of reputation are determined to keep the sinking ships afloat at your expense.

Joining a sorority is probably one of the most important decisions of your life. It's up there with where you go to college, your career path and who you marry. You shouldn't settle for anything and you deserve the best opportunity for a sorority experience available. Please take a hard look at your options during rush and if the right opportunity doesn't present itself, consider not boarding a sinking ship.

Have a great rush!

Posted By: TTG
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: What a stupid post    

If you really think joining a sorority is up there with going to college, working and getting married you are one stupid small minded idiot. Things are not the same as they used to be when it comes to pledging. It is an 4 year experience not a life long commitment.

So if you only join to provide you with some stupid made up status (like the OP) you will probably have very superficial friends who reflect your superficial values.

Not everyone would feel comfortable in a number of the "top teir" chapters.

By: What a stupid post
#2  by: Just curious   

OP which chapters do you believe should be closed down.

By: Just curious
by: TTGJun 18, 2015 10:38:00 PM

That's not for me to decide but I think we all know which ships are sinking.

Best!

By: TTG
#3  by: above   

What a sad little bitter girl you are. I would say that your enjoyment of a sorority totally depends on what kind of person you are. If you're a dissatisfied social climber and you don't get your preferred house, you're going to be like the person writing above. If you are a socially adept girl bent on having a wonderful time in college, you're going to love being in whichever sorority you end up in.

I would also say that we need more houses, not fewer. Except for one, all houses made quota and our new member classes are way larger than those of the OSU chapters. Not everyone who joins even gets to live in. At OSU they get to live in several years.

By: above
by: ^^^Jun 19, 2015 10:04:23 AM

Which houses don't get to live in? I don't know of any sorority house at OU that can't let an entire pledge class live in. If you want multiple years in the house get on the executive committee.

By: ^^^
by: ActuallyJun 19, 2015 10:06:23 AM

There are a few who do not have room for the whole pledge class and therefore allow them to live off campus.

By: Actually
#4  by: greek student   

The close mindedness of the original poster is insane. Honestly, any house is good at OU and there is really only one particular house I can think of that would be classified as a "sinking ship", although honestly there is a place for everyone/it seems each house has a great sisters. So my best advice is to not think about "tiers" when going through the rush process. Keep an open mind and choose the home you feel most comfortable in.

By: greek student
by: aboveJun 19, 2015 12:37:30 AM

If you're talking about Alpha Gam as a sinking ship, I have to disagree. True, they didn't make quota this year but they were recruiting under difficult circumstances - the lack of a house because of a house fire. Still they won the Special President's Trophy award for multiculturalism. Pi Phi had won it the two years before. The year before last they participated in USING or Scandals, I forget which.

Anyway, they'll be back with a new house and they do have some of the really nicest, most genuine girls at OU. I think they're on their way UP, not down.

By: above
#5  by: Attention Kappa   

please stop posting things like this

By: Attention Kappa
by: ^Jul 2, 2015 7:22:56 AM

It is not Kappa. It is a typical posting from Chi Omega.

By: ^
#6  by: Yeah   

bump

By: Yeah
#7  by: ha ha ha ha    

LOSER! If that is what you place the greatest importance on you're a complete loser!

By: ha ha ha ha
#8  by: My God....   

bump

By: My God....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.