facebook

what's important in a house

by: OU greek

Probably the most important thing is sisterhood. But Pnms don't know how good a sisterhood is until their already committed. So they have to judge houses on different things.

First, look at president's trophy. It is an accumulation of everything a house does during the year. The winner (Tri Delta), runner up (Gamma phi), and the winners of academics (Theta), volunteerism (ChiO), involvement (Pi Phi), and multicultural (Alpha Gam) excelled at OU. But don't just look at one year. Look at last year (Theta won, Tri Delta was runner up, Gamma Phi won academics and involvement, Pi Phi won multicultural. An NPH house won the other area) too and notice that some houses win recognition year after year.

Then look at involvement on campus. Does a house participate and place in campus activities? This year there was homecoming (Gamma Phi won), U Sing (Tri Delta won), Miracle Cup (Pi Phi won), and Scandals (Gamma Phi won). Sorry I don't have a list of all the houses that placed.

Then look at academics because they are important too. About the only house that needs to be metioned is Theta. They've won grades for 11 semesters.

Look at the quality of the members and decide what you think is important. Does a house have a lot of girls who are in PLC? Top ten freshmen? Sophomores? Juniors? BWOC? Crimson Club? CAC chairs? Club officers? Cheer? Pageant girls (last fall there were 3 OU greeks in the top 10 for Miss Oklahoma (Theta, Kappa, and Gamma Phi)

Look at your own values to decide.

Posted By: OU greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

Excellent comment. I agree that facts are what is important. There are so many lies bantered about on here that it's refreshing to see facts. I agree that anyone can find sisterhood in any house, but the pnms who get to choose use facts to make their decisions.

By: truth
#2  by: So   

If next year you don't win all those awards and someone else starts winning they should want them instead of you? I mean you make it sound like that is all you have to offer? Just wondering when this no longer works in your sales pitch.

By: So
by: @above: read carefullyApr 24, 2015 8:13:53 PM

You might notice that she said the top houses win recognition year after year. If you read more carefully you wouldn't have to ask dumb questions.

By: @above: read carefully
#3  by: yep   

Yep, the top houses win recognition year after year. Sometimes they don't actually win anything, like Theta. Well the won grades, of course but they only came in 3rd in Using and Scandals and won academics in president's trophy. So some would say they didn't win but when you have 11 wonderful houses, you can't win everything every time. So if you place that's pretty good. Theta won president's trophy last year too. No house can win it every year.

By: yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.