facebook

quality vs non-quality

by: different perspective

I know sororities are not known necessarily for being progressive, but it's kind of sad from a feminist perspective that we're assigning labels of "quality" and "non-quality" based on what may be cursory perceptions of exterior beauty and Recruitment B.S. ability. I know the most hateful, dismissive comments are probably coming from a small group of girls and alums, but it still reflects badly on sororities in general. Women should be lifting each other up -- within their own sororities, within the Greek system and within OU as a whole. The woman you call a "Poor Quality" pledge may one day be your surgeon or your troubled child's psychologist or even your husband's second wife.

Posted By: different perspective
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?????   

The most hateful comments? How bout every comment that's negative or an out right lie. Sounds a little like your OK with some comments, perhaps the ones written by your very own sorority towards other houses that did better with the recruitment BS?? Hmmm seems like you are targeting Theta Kappa Pi Phi and ChiO in a very backhanded manner. I wonder which house you're from? An educated guess wouldn't be to hard to make.

By: ?????
by: whooo hoooooOct 1, 2014 10:37:16 PM

Touched a nerve, didn't it? Chi O is the only one on here making hateful comments, so if the shoe fits, put it on cause you're stepping in deep doo doo.

By: whooo hooooo
by: Different perspectiveOct 2, 2014 12:45:30 AM

Should have responded to 1 above rather than starting a new Comment. But the comments above just prove my point; anonymous social media enables people to have never-ending cat-fights without any risk except -- primarily -- to their own spirits and secondarily to the Greek system to which they belong. Close friend has a daughter who wants to go to OU in a couple of years. I hope for my her and my niece's sake that the b-----s on this site are NOT representative of their particular sororities and certainly not the OU Greek system as a whole.

By: Different perspective
#2  by: Different perspective   

Actually I'm an alum who got hooked looking at this wretched site last summer before a niece went through recruitment. Trying to wean myself off it, but it's kind of like looking at a train wreck -- hard to look away. I'm not "targeting" ANY house in particular. I've read enough craziness over the last 3-4 months to realize it's probably a small group of people that keep posting the same stuff every day, and I long ago gave up trying to figure out what house(s) they were REALLY in. I'm happy with my niece's choice, as is she. But it's a shame that the pettiness and negativity of a few end up "representing" OU on the internet to PNMs and their parents (and aunts).

By: Different perspective
#3  by: Unbelievable   

I just can't believe these girls are still at it. Do they really think they are resolving an issue or that anyone believes just because they post something it is true. Then they say hurtful things like house 123 had girls who also pref 12 or 335 like it is a bad thing. It just shows they are no better. To be perfectly honest every house should get rid of their members posting on greek rank. This is just sad and reflects poorly on OU greek .

By: Unbelievable
by: ^Oct 12, 2014 5:15:39 PM

If people didn't read it girls wouldn't write it so get off your soap box and take a hard look at how you are contributing-

By: ^
#4  by: @don'tcare   

Bump

By: @don'tcare

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.