facebook

top 3 houses based on overall grades

by: Grades

If we're basing it just off of grades...

Theta- they win grades just about every year
Gamma Phi- They always place in grades and won academics for president's trophy this past year.
Pi Phi- They consistently place in grades as well.

Posted By: Grades
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: True   

No one is as consistent as Theta. Theta is always #1. Gamma Phi usually places in the top five if not the top 3. Pi Phi also ends up in the top five, sometimes top 3, most semesters. Other houses cycle in and out, but those are the consistent ones.

By: True
by: ^Jul 26, 2014 9:16:00 PM

Actual facts are- theta has won grades the last nine semesters
Theta tridelta and ChiO were top 3 houses for spring grades and all three were also the top fall pledge classes for grades. Those houses are also consistently in the top 5 for grades. Seems GPB did a fine job on the academic section of the presidents trophy book but wasn't actually placing much in grades this year

By: ^
by: gradesJul 26, 2014 11:02:41 PM

Theta always wins grades. True. Here is the rest of the truth.

Pi Phi has been in the top 5 during 8 semesters and top 3 five semesters.

Gamma Phi has been in the top 5 every semester during the last ten years. They have been in the top 3 seven semesters.

Tri Delta has been in the top 5 seven semesters and top 3 four semesters.

Chi O has only been in the top 5 during 3 semesters out of the last ten years. There are many other houses who have out performed Chi O. Congratulations to them for last semester but they need to put together a few more semesters before they will be known for grades.

By: grades
#2  by: grades   

Grades are important. In fact I think they're the most important single measure of quality of a house. I agree, though, that it's more important to be consistently in the top than to land there once. But it's great anytime you place.

#3  by: uhm   

I wonder why Chi O isn't bumping this post since she seems so concerned with grades. I guess Chi O's one semester at the top doesn't look so good when you compare it to academic houses.

By: uhm
#4  by: grades   

Grades are important. PNMs need to realize that in sororities there is always someone around that you can goof off with. If you don't have the self-discipline to make sure you study when you need to you won't make it in college. That's why sororities are so interested in grades. The most involved houses want girls who can keep up their grades and still have time to play.

by: yesJul 30, 2014 10:48:46 AM

This is so true.

By: yes
#5  by: XO   

Beta won for the guys.

By: XO
by: Beta ThetaJul 30, 2014 2:42:08 PM

Beta and Theta always win.

By: Beta Theta
#6  by: OU Greek   

Doesn't matter who wins any one semester. What matters is if you win/place/show for semester after semester. Only the three named houses do that.

By: OU Greek
by: ougalJul 30, 2014 10:46:25 PM

But Chi O did get 3rd in Spring semester and their pledge class did too. Plus they raised a lot of money for soonerthon! Don't forget that!

By: ougal
#7  by: true   

No one pays attention to new member class grades except their own officers. Everyone else looks just at the chapter grades. I've seen that one girls go on and on about how their pc did. Pfffft.

By: true
by: true Jul 31, 2014 10:09:58 AM

Chi O is such an academic wannabe.

By: true
by: ^Jul 31, 2014 10:36:31 AM

Hmmm seems that GPB they aren't even in the top 5 for grades --- but they are consumed with ChiO.

By: ^
by: ohmygod!Jul 31, 2014 3:14:25 PM

I wrote that and I'm a Tri Delta. Stop spreading lies. It's getting so old.

By: ohmygod!
by: yesAug 6, 2014 11:32:05 PM

This is the real story on grades.

By: yes
#8  by: OU PAN   

If grades matter to you.

By: OU PAN
by: gradesAug 8, 2014 12:31:14 AM

Of course grades are important. They're the most important.

#9  by: grades   

if grades really matter don't just look at one semester

by: positive commentsAug 9, 2014 8:23:37 PM

Agree. The reputation of any house is more than just one semester.

By: positive comments
#10  by: Can't argue   

Thankful for the facts

By: Can't argue

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.