facebook

when i went through recruitment

by: my experience

I loved all the houses and had my choices each day. That's incredibly lucky and only happened to three girls in my recruitment group. This is how I'd rank the houses based on my own likes and dislikes.

Theta, Tri Delta
Kappa, Gamma Phi
Pi Phi
Alpha Chi, AOII
DG, Chi O, A Phi, AGD

This doesn't mean that these houses would be your favorites in that order. Good luck and see you in Aug!

Posted By: my experience
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: true   

Every girl's favorites are different. That's what I like about this post. The other girl posting the different (and to my mind inaccurate) ranking presupposes that her "top 5" are everyone's top 5. If you've gone through recruitment you know that isn't true.

Choosing a house is based on so many things. It's a feeling you get when you talk to the first girl and find out she's a music major too and totally loves the same kind of music you do. Or that she was in PLC last year and tells you all the fun you're going to have. It's looking around the room and recognizing girls from your high school that you admired. Or it's listening to them talk about the importance of academics if you're a national merit scholar.

You'll recognize the house you won't fit in in the same way. The girls you recognize were the wild and crazy ones from your high school. Or the hipsters. Or the nerdy ones. Or whatever you personally didn't fit in with. Or if the girl rushing you turns you off in some way. The the next girl does too. Then the next girl does too.

Anyway, this is approximately the order I chose my houses and I had houses from different tiers for pref.

If you follow your heart, you'll end up in the right house for you, and that's not necessarily the top house for someone else.

By: true
#2  by: tiers   

Don't pay attention to tiers. Don't pay attention to what fraternity boys say. Go with your heart and your own likes and dislikes like the original post says.

By: tiers
#3  by: advice   

the helpful advice is to go with your heart.

By: advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.