facebook

not a greek question but

by: Freshman

What do yall use in class? Like should I get notebook/binders or is everything online? Is it okay to use my laptop for notes if I feel more comfortable?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Classes   

Every class is different, but laptops are generally not allowed. At least not in any of my classes. Too much clicking.

I just use a different spiral in each class to take notes. That is really all you will need.

By: Classes
#2  by: Uhh   

I don't agree with poster above. Laptops were allowed in all of my classes first semester of freshman year. I would bring your laptop the first day and see what your professor says. I took notes on my laptop but I also took notes in a spiral bound notebook. I would buy a few of those and some good lends. Maybe highlighters if you like those for studying. That's really all you need

By: Uhh
by: NoJul 6, 2015 2:12:12 PM

I don't agree. The first poster was correct. What class did you take that laptops were allowed.

By: No
by: @ No Jul 6, 2015 2:50:30 PM

I'm not one of the original posters but I used mine in history, theater, biology, political science, and math my first semester. Only class I couldn't use it in was Spanish.

By: @ No
#3  by: Oh   

Every class that I've taken but one has allowed laptops... It really just depends on the teacher.

By: Oh
#4  by: Not all!   

I'll be a junior marketing major. I've only had three classes where we were allowed to use our computers to take notes. Yes, we use our computers for various projects and papers, so you do need one, but most of my teachers prefer we not click on the keyboards all class.

By: Not all!
#5  by: it depends   

I just finished my freshman year and had a range of courses. I took some big lectures and smaller ones, upper level language classes, and writing. My computer was fine, if not necessary, in all of them. You will definitely need it for writing, and for your lectures, a lot of professors will put the powerpoints online so that you can follow along in class and go at your own pace. The only course I didn't use my computer too much in was the language class because it was smaller and we did a lot of participation work. I didn't have one professor the whole year that did not allow computers at all. If they really don't want you to use computers, they will say so on syllabus day! But remember to invest in some spiral notebooks as well. They're better, I promise.

By: it depends

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.