facebook

rankings

by: Everyone Grow Up

Let's all swallow our pride and grow up a little. A sorority shouldn't be about how it is ranked, it should be about the people you meet in there. Friends for a life time, all the other stuff really doesn't matter. You won't leave this world with being in a elite, top, bottom sorority so who cares. Do it for the friendships not for the rank.

Posted By: Everyone Grow Up
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Okay   

Okay mom! Now get off Greek rank and go make me a sandwich.

By: Okay
#2  by: Lol   

I bet you think everyone who plays a sport deserves a trophy as well.

Sororities are just like every thing else in life. There are always going to be winners and losers. There will always be better jobs. There will always be exclusive clubs.

As in life, nothing is equal.

By: Lol
#3  by: Ha    

I didn't join my sorority because it's top tier. I pledged it because this is where I fit in. It's where I feel comfortable and am pushed to be the best version of myself. Some of my sisters might've put my sorority first on pref night because it's "elite" but I guarantee a lot more of us chose it because it's where we felt we belong.

Honestly, some sororities are just better than others. More tradition, higher GPA every semester, more girls involved in dance and cheer, more girls involved in ASB, winning fraternity and sorority competitions, more girls winning campus favorites and class maids, better rushes and better pledge classes. It doesn't mean that the bottom houses suck, it just means they aren't as good as top houses.

By: Ha
by: ^^^^YES!Jul 4, 2015 3:44:13 PM

this is accurate

By: ^^^^YES!
#4  by: Alright    

I'm going to throw my two cents in and you PNMs can take away what you what from it.

On pref night I had to chose between 3 wonderful sororities. Two were what you consider top tier at Ole Miss. The third was my legacy chapter and a bottom tier sorority. After visiting all 3 houses pref night, it came down to my bottom tier legacy house and a top tier house. I loved them both for different reasons. Bottom house was fun and wild, but very welcoming. I felt comfortable the moment I walked in and knew I'd make tons of friends there. I knew their reputation. Party sorority. Not a lot of involvement. I still loved this house and the girls in it.

The top house was the complete opposite. But I walked in and was in love and awe. The girls were beautiful, driven, and competitive, but still fun and welcoming. I loved it and knew I'd be pushed to be a better person, while having a great time. How did I choose?

I cried in line to rank my top house that night. I couldn't decide because I loved them both so much, so I chose the top house. Shallow, i know.

Am I happy? Oh yes. I got lucky that I picked the perfect house for me based off tiers. Would I be happy in the bottom house? Of course. Do I recommend pledging a top tier house just because it's top tier? Who knows.

By: Alright
#5  by: Cream   

Cream always rises to the top. Top girls go top tier. That's what makes them better.

They are the girls everyone wants to be friends with.

I can't wait to rush to see where I fit in!

By: Cream

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.