facebook

risky social media

by: ???

I'm a PNM. Following many other PNM's social media pages. A lot of them post with drinks or in bikinis. I thought we weren't suppose to post that???

Posted By: ???
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: True   

It's true, it's not a good idea. They may very well have a terrible rush. You just never know.

Freshman year, my roommate was a girl who worked out every day and had a killer body. She posted bikini pics of herself every day. She had a terrible rush! Actual tears on bid day.

Another friend was up for jumpstart and drank every day. She didn't have the best rush either.

However, there was a girl who posted a video of herself taking a body shot off another girl. She got a top house.

You just never know! But I can tell you one thing. Our alumni stalk pnms way more than the actives do!

By: True
#2  by: Active   

You're not supposed to do that. Those girls will get the wrong kind of attention from sororities and they will have a bad rush.

Unless they have connections to a few houses they will most likely end up in a bottom house.

By: Active
#3  by: in my opinion   

Bikini pics are okay occasionally. Just don't post them very often. If you're at the beach, one or two bikini pictures while you're there is okay, but not every single picture should be one. I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes it's obvious when girls post pictures JUST because they're in a bikini...don't be that girl. Example - 5983759824 bikini pictures in a row, obviously trying to show off your body in the picture, your instagram having the same amount or more bikini pics than regular pics, the bikini being very inappropriate and more revealing than a normal bikini, etc. But there are times when it is okay. You just have to know when it is and when it isn't.

As for drinking pics, that is a huge no no, especially if you're underage. Yes, girls do it, but it might end up being very detrimental for them. Sometimes girls slip through into top houses regardless of the pics they post, but not usually.

Like the girl said above, you probably shouldn't post a bunch of selfies in the mirror at the gym..or any at all. It's great that you're in shape and proud of your body, but we can see that you're in shape just in normal pictures, or in the occasional beach bikini picture. Same for selfies. No one wants to see an instagram full of selfies. The only selfies that are okay are cute ones like in front of a national monument or on a mountain or something. But I wouldn't post the ones like where you're in a car just smiling for a selfie or anything like that.

By: in my opinion
by: in my opinionJul 4, 2015 9:29:08 AM

Generally, this is how the sorority girl's instagrams are, but don't change who you are for recruitment. If you absolutely love posting your selfies or work out pics, then by all means, continue! The right house won't judge you for them. But you were asking about pictures that should or shouldn't be posted so I thought I would add that stuff in.

#4  by: Tbh   

Just don't post a bikini pic every day. It's okay to post them. Spring break? Post a bikini pic. Graduation trip to the Dominican? Post it. Lake for the Fourth? Go for it. But not every week. And I'd shy away from solo bikini pics unless they're just super "artsy" and not focused on your body or whatever. You just don't want to give off the impression that you're using your bod for likes or attention.

As for drinks, don't post a pic with them. Period. Solo cups or any non transparent cup are supposedly okay but I wouldn't risk it.

By: Tbh
#5  by: Okay    

Look at a variety of actives instagrams. The girls posting bikini pics and ones with drinks are not in top tier houses. IN GENERAL. On my popular/explore page, I always see random AOPi's and KKG's posting bikini pics clearly showing off their butts. You'll rarely see a XO, DDD, KD, or DG doing this. Just being honest

By: Okay
by: in my opinionJul 4, 2015 4:17:56 PM

They post pictures in bikinis if they're at the beach, but they are just normal pictures with their friends not ones trying to show off their body, and they don't over-do it.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.