facebook

no letters

by: kt

will you be able to get into a sorority if you have no letters of recommendations? I am from the north is it possible to get in without being southern or recommendations

Posted By: kt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly    

You only have a shot with adpi (maybe) and colonizing with alpha phi. Alpha phi will be new and will be taking girls from the north and those without recommendations. You will be cut from the 9 other houses (more than likely)

By: Honestly
#2  by: No   

No, you cannot. Alpha Phi is your best shot.

By: No
by: WellJul 1, 2015 12:09:32 AM

You still need a rec letter for Alpha Phi too.

By: Well
#3  by: @kt   

Being from the north is absolutely no excuse for not having recommendations! Schools in every state have greek life. There are girls from all over the country who have worked their butts off to get the necessary recommendations to go through recruitment in September. It's not too late yet! Look everywhere for sorority women who could write you recs. Don't worry about getting more than 1 per chapter. Right now you just need to focus on getting at least 1. WORK WORK WORK!! Ask everyone you know! Believe it or not there are sorority alumni ALL AROUND YOU. And if they're alumni from a sorority that isn't on our campus then ask them if they know anyone who is an alumni of a sorority that is on our campus. Greek ladies know other greek ladies.

By: @kt
#4  by: Letters   

I was flying the other day and the lady in the seat next to me noticed my sorority on my backpack. She was an alum of the same sorority. She was from up north and said her alum association had been contacted by several girls going to school in the south at different universities asking for rec letters. They arrange for an alum to meet the girls for coffee or lunch to get their resumes and meet them. As several posters have stated ..... Sometimes you have to really search out recs. I got mine for my sorority from my elementary school music teacher.

By: Letters
#5  by: GET THEM!   

I was at work (lifeguard) and I had my sorority letters on my water bottle. A woman from the same sorority (U of Florida though) squealed and asked me if I was her sister (omg she was so adorable).
Greeks are all over the place!!!!!!! Being from the North is no excuse!! Ask every where!! If you meet an alum from a sorority we don't have, ask if she knows any one from a sorority we do have at Ole Miss! The rec won't be as personal but a rec is a rec!!!
There are 1800 girls who are going to go through rush this year (more or less). You will not be the only northerner, but you will be the only one without a rec letter. You'll look unprepared and that you don't care as much as the northerner with a rec.

By: GET THEM!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.