facebook

recruitment

by: a piece of advice

A piece of advice that I wanted to share with PNMs going through recruitment this fall!

First off- I am so happy that you decided to go through recruitment at Ole Miss! It is going to be such an amazing experience for you!

Some advice- Don’t go back to your dorm after ranking and tell your roommate/friends who are also rushing who you cut and who you didn’t. You can lightly talk about your day, but don’t give away anything that says what houses you like or don’t like. The reason I say this is because you don’t want to influence your roommates decision or you don’t want your roommates decision to influence you! This is a choice that is YOUR choice to make. You don’t want to hear your roommate say "I LOVE ABC I am DYING to be one!!!!! And I hate XYZ……” when your favorite house was XYZ! You would most likely second guess your decision. (Same goes for your mothers. But yes, you should call them when you’re alone and tell them everything. Just don’t let them push you to do something differently than you want to do!)

~continued in a comment~

Posted By: a piece of advice
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: a piece of advice    

If you’re dying to talk about your day, which I know you will be, just talk about what happened in houses, but don’t say which house it is. Saying things like “So I have this house that I really fell in love with. The girl that I talked to I really connected with. I felt at home right when I walked in the door, and everything was beautiful and fun.” or “One house I went to I immediately knew wasn’t for me. Me and the girl couldn’t find anything to talk about, nor could me and the girl she bumped me to.” is fine, but don’t tell each other how you ranked. It could really influence your decision, whether you want it to or not. Go where you want to go and where you know is right for you in your heart! Wait to tell your friends who you ranked after you rank for pref. You can tell each other who you put first and second. Or you can wait for bid day (think of how exciting that would be to not have a CLUE where your roommate was going and to find each other on bid day and see where they went!) or you can not take this advice at all. If you want to talk about it, go ahead! That’s fine too. I just wanted to give people this idea because it might be helpful. Good luck in a few months to all of you! I wish you a happy recruitment! :)

By: a piece of advice
#2  by: Gosh!   

I'm betting you are an alumni or mom or somebody who is dishing out advice without having a clue!

By: Gosh!
by: um ok May 30, 2015 2:00:54 PM

I'm not, but what do that have to do with anything anyway? Don't take the advice if you don't want to. I just think that it is a good idea. Chill out

By: um ok
#3  by: PNM   

I don't understand how someone was still able to find something negative to comment. Thank you so much! This was helpful advice for sure!

By: PNM
by: Half truthsMay 30, 2015 3:24:21 PM

It's only half truths.

It's advice that you can find on greekchat.com from a bunch of alumni who went through rush 20 years ago, and ladies who have never been through ole miss rush.

By: Half truths
by: um ok May 30, 2015 4:01:12 PM

Wow, thank you for automatically assuming that I have no clue what I'm talking about, when in fact, I do. I have actually never seen this advice on greekchat. Someone told me this advice.

By: um ok
by: Half truthsMay 30, 2015 5:11:28 PM

It's only half truths.

It's advice that you can find on greekchat.com from a bunch of alumni who went through rush 20 years ago, and ladies who have never been through ole miss rush.

By: Half truths

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.