facebook

questions

by: Hopefully helpful

I'm seeing a lot of girls asking the same questions over and over again. Let me try to lump them all on together and see if this works.

The AVERAGE PNM will:
1. Have at least a 3.0 gpa
2. Have 300-600 or more of community service
3. Have been involved in at least one extracurricular activity in hs.
4. Have held at least one leadership position
5. Have won at least one award.
6. Believe it or not, the average girls come from a good family with money for pampering.
7. Most will be above average looking.
8. Have at least one rec and multiple LOS.

These are the AVERAGE girls. If this is not you, regardless if you come from Mississippi or OOS, without connections in the houses, you will struggle through rush. Yes, you will more than likely receive a bid, it just might not be the bid you were hoping for.

Keep your options open, don't listen to tent talk, don't be disappointed when you are dropped from houses (everyone will experience the heartbreak of this at least once during rush week).

If you are above average (as defined above) you should have a great rush with or without connections. \n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: Hopefully helpful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes!   

Remember that not everyone will be comfortable with all the overachievers in the top tier.

There is plenty of happiness and sisterhood in the other tiers as well!

By: Yes!
by: are you serious May 28, 2015 1:04:31 PM

so you're saying that only top tier gets the "overachievers"? wow. I know PLENTY of girls in middle and lower tier houses that are much better than girls in top tier. These girls just actually see past that fake facade they portray.

By: are you serious
by: Yes!May 28, 2015 1:52:53 PM

Ummmm, that's not at all what I was implying. No need to be rude!

In sure there are overachievers in all sororities. Gosh!

By: Yes!
by: well May 28, 2015 3:12:14 PM

your post said word for word "not everyone will be comfortable with all the overachievers in top tier" I'm just pointing out the obvious.

By: well
#2  by: thank you!    

this post was EXTREMELY helpful. thank you so much!

By: thank you!
#3  by: well   

I wouldnt say that that's the average pnm. But I think it's a pnm that will have a successful rush

By: well
by: Probably. May 28, 2015 3:34:46 PM

Before a girl goes off and complains that xyz sorority dropped her after the first round, or abc sorority was rude to her or efg sorority ignored her, she needs to read through this list and honestly ask herself if she put her best foot forward. Did she do enough in high school to get noticed?

By: Probably.
by: averageMay 28, 2015 5:33:49 PM

That's not quite average, that's limited. Most girls going through recruitment will have more than one extra curricular she was involved in. They would have won multiple awards, and held various leadership positions. Not to mention that the average gpa is somewhere around a 3.4!

Ole Miss sororities (from the top to the bottom) have extraordinary women! Those girls who do well, stand out well above average! The rest of us still ended up with bids to houses we love! We just had more than a few disappointing moments during recruitment.

By: average
#4  by: WOAHHHH   

Yes all of these things are important, but it's somewhat unrealistic. There are lots of girls who have all of these things, and there are lots of girls who don't. I know several girls who were in the yellow zone and still got bids from top houses, and I know girls who had 3.5+ and pledged middle-lower tier houses. PNM's, CALM DOWN. Everything will work out, you will end up in the house you belong in. It's the summer, there's nothing more you can do about your high school GPA's unless you're taking a summer class. Get your recs in, start shopping for rush outfits, and get excited! Rush is whatever you make it. Focus on the positive and don't dwell on the negative! See y'all in the fall!

By: WOAHHHH
#5  by: So true.    

Totally agree with this advise!

By: So true.
#6  by: Agreed!    

I totally agree with Woah, yes these things are what sororities are looking for, and if you meet all of these creditials, GREAT! However, if you have a 2.9 GPA but meet everything else with a sparkling personality and you're a total cutie, we are going to fight for you! I'm in a "top house", and I promise not every single girl we extend a bid to meets all of the expectations. Everyone, breathe. (:

By: Agreed!
by: OpMay 29, 2015 6:34:13 AM

I am the op. I was pointing out the AVERAGE girl. Sorority girls are not cookie cutter girls but most girls fit this criteria.

Sure there are exceptions,!but most of those exceptions involve CONNECTIONS! I believe I said something along those lines in my post.

Rush is not fair! Amazing girls get cut from sororities every day. Pnm's need to work hard at putting their best foot forward. Our recruitment is one of the most competitive recruitments in the country.

Without connections, you need to be an above average girls if you have your hopes on a top or mid tier house.

By: Op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.