facebook

oos

by: 1234

If you're out of state does it matter if you're from the south, or are all out of state girls looked at the same regardless of the state they're from?

Posted By: 1234
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: It matters   

It does matter which state. Girls from Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, and Texas do just as well as Mississippi girls do during rush. Girls from northern states are at a disadvantage.

By: It matters
by: OmgMay 15, 2015 4:33:00 PM

Hey Mississippi! You have the lowest IQ rate and the highest obesity rate in the nation! Get over yourselves!

By: Omg
by: OmgMay 15, 2015 4:33:20 PM

Hey Mississippi! You have the lowest IQ rate and the highest obesity rate in the nation! Get over yourselves!

By: Omg
by: ughMay 16, 2015 2:02:23 PM

Really????? I had no clue!!!!! Thanks for telling us!!!! Because we are too stupid to have known that on our own!!!

Somebody has to be at the bottom of the list. And yes, it is MS. Wow. Big surprise. We are at the bottom of every list. Well you chose to go to school here, at a school in MS, with a ton of Mississippians. You now live in the state that is lowest in everything, too. And you can't pull the "I chose to live in Oxford not MS" card because GUESS WHAT: OXFORD IS A TOWN IN MS. You can't say "yeah, I live in Oxford, MS, but it doesn't really count as being in MS." We all go/are going to Ole Miss, the only difference is we were raised in MS and you weren't. But we all chose to go to Ole Miss and were smart enough to go to Ole Miss so obviously we can't be that stupid. Sure there are tons of stupid redneck people in this state, but those people aren't attending/didn't attend Ole Miss. You are not insulting us by reminding us that we are at the bottom of every list. We don't really care, honestly. Sure it sucks, but those lists don't choose the course of our lives. Most of the Mississippians that attend Ole Miss are not the people that put MS on the bottom of every single list.

By: ugh
#2  by: Disagree   

The girls from South Carolina and North Carolina do well too. The ones with connections have great connections in Mississippi.

By: Disagree
by: Yeah yeahMay 16, 2015 10:51:46 PM

Yeah yeah we know. The kappas from south and North Carolina.

By: Yeah yeah
by: OOSMay 21, 2015 11:56:23 AM

Is Kappa the only sorority that takes a lot of girls from the Carolinas? I mean I obviously know that every sorority has their share of them but is Kappa the only one that really looks at these girls?

By: OOS
by: ^^^May 21, 2015 1:25:37 PM

No, all sororities take girls from the Carolina's.

There is just one kappa mom who frequents this site constantly bragging about how wonderful, rich, smart, important these girls are.

Don't ever put down kappa or she will respond, usually insulting other houses in the process!

By: ^^^
#3  by: Get real   

Ole Miss is academically ranked lower than almost any other state university in the nation. Average act and sat scores are embarrassing for accepted students. If you ever want that to improve, join the 20th century and stop alienating students from other states. These are the kind of antics that make the south look bad. Pure ignorance!

By: Get real
by: ^May 15, 2015 4:10:20 PM

Lol what does that have to do with anything? She's asking if being from OOS will effect her rush. Yes it will.

By: ^
by: HelloMay 15, 2015 11:44:44 PM

You are the ignorant one if you don't realize that all other public state schools do this...

By: Hello
by: So,May 18, 2015 4:49:48 PM

Just because it happens at other schools doesn't make it okay.

By: So,
by: LonghornMay 21, 2015 1:03:35 AM

Ole Miss is by no means "top tier" or hard to get into, but its ranked 141 on US News and World Report. I'm sure no one goes and brags about that number, but there are a ton of colleges in the US.

By: Longhorn
by: NopeMay 30, 2015 9:35:43 AM

Definitely not a ranking to boast about......

By: Nope
#4  by: Well...   

I wouldn't say that you have a disadvantage during rush. I'd say the only reason why where you live makes a difference is because of connections. That's it! We won't cut a girl if she's from Maine or California because she's not southern.

By: Well...
#5  by: For the last time!   

At ole miss, over 50% of the student body is from OOS! Over half the sororities are made up of OOS students! The students from Mississippi are not the low income poverty stricken, they are the richest families in the state. Quit with your prejudice!

By: For the last time!
by: HaMay 16, 2015 7:31:39 AM

First of all people who truly have money don't call themselves the "richest in the state" Money talks--wealth whispers.... Second, they don't send their kids to the public university. They send them to highly regarded private schools, most of which are in the north!!! So again, get over yourselves!

By: Ha
by: @haMay 16, 2015 1:18:19 PM

Did you read that in a book or something? Money talks ...wealth whispers? Do you even know what that means? Seems to me that money and wealth are one in the same.

Don't even start with old vs new money. It today's society money is green. All the same.

By: @ha
by: Hmmmm.....May 17, 2015 2:37:37 PM

Prejudice doesn't feel good, does it?

By: Hmmmm.....
#6  by: .    

the lack of connections hurts your rush.

By: .
by: That's the problemMay 18, 2015 6:49:27 AM

How is an Oos girl supposed to have connections??? Isn't that what rush week is for? To meet people and make connections? If all of the decisions are made before rush, why bother with it??

By: That's the problem
by: HonestlyMay 18, 2015 9:56:34 AM

There are six sororities that you will not get into without connections (there are exceptions, but I won't get into those). Ddd, KD, xo, DG, phi mu, and kappa.

That leaves four sororities plus alpha phi that will take girls without connections. Pi phi, aopi, theta and ADPi.

Work on connecting with girls in all the houses, but fret not, there are houses that certainly will love OOS girls with or without connections.

By: Honestly
by: HonestlyMay 18, 2015 9:59:43 AM

Also. While just about every house already has their "no" list (grade risks, reputation risks, and no recs) only the six mentioned above have already started putting together their "yes" lists.

Pi phi, aopi, theta, and ADPi probably won't have firm lists until AFTER rush begins.

By: Honestly
by: wonderingMay 21, 2015 2:11:01 PM

can anyone give a few examples of what those "expectations" are? please and thank you :)

By: wondering
by: ^^^May 21, 2015 2:29:21 PM

Exceptions or expectations?

I'm confused. Can you use a complete sentence when asking a question?

By: ^^^
by: wonderingMay 21, 2015 3:11:10 PM

Exceptions. Lol auto correct

By: wondering
by: Active May 21, 2015 4:24:28 PM

Exceptions for the lack of connections are:
Good GPA, good personality...Like a good enough personality that most of the girls you talk to during rush love you.... That's all I could think of.

Honestly, GPA and personality are the only thing I could think of...and (ugh this sounds so mean) if you're attractive. Sorry that sounds shallow, but if you're smart and attractive it's proven that people see you a lot more pleasant to be around.

By: Active
#7  by: Questioning advice   

Top sororities rarely take girls from the north. Period.

Other southern states are okay. Usually the cultures are the same and most southern girls regardless of the state have lots in common. Northern girls don't have the same backgrounds.

By: Questioning advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.