facebook

greek day/philanthropy day

by: PNM

I know that we get tshirts for the first two rounds of rush but what do we wear with them? I've heard to get a big tshirt and wear it with Nike shorts but I've also heard to wear nicer shorts and sandals so I'm kinda confused!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: last year   

when I went through, I got a normal size tshirt and tucked it in to a cute pair of shorts and wore keds or sandals. lots of girls wore the Nike shorts but personally I think it looks so much better. nobody wants to come off as sloppy during rush. for skit and pref, you'll wear nice dresses so why not look nice throughout the whole week?

By: last year
#2  by: Kkg   

I'm a kappa and we totally pay attention to how girls are put together. We are looking for girls who can rock a t-shirt!

By: Kkg
#3  by: my opinion   

I wore nike shorts and didn't get cut from anything so do what makes you feel the most comfortable! you will be walking alot during the first two rounds of rush so definitely keep that in mind

By: my opinion
by: DressMay 18, 2015 10:09:38 AM

The water parties are a little bit more casual. We wore nike shorts. The second round, philanthropy, we wore dressier shorts.

By: Dress
by: FYIMay 30, 2015 4:31:52 PM

We don't have water parties.

By: FYI
#4  by: Personally   

Last year I wore nike shorts and tennis shoes all three days that we wore the t shirts, but I did my makeup and straightened my hair since your face/hair is what the active is going to be looking at most. I really don't think any of the houses really cared. My greek day lasted 12 hours so I'm really glad that I dressed comfortably.

By: Personally
#5  by: Active    

You get 2 t shirts. I recommend not getting the size shirt you normally wear, not XL or L that would cover your shorts if untucked. One for greek day and one for philanthropy days. For Greek Day- where you visits all 10 (now 11) sororities- you CAN wear Nike shorts. In fact, I recommend it. Last year, I wore the greek day shirt in a size Medium (somewhat fitted t shirt) with black Nike shorts and my white converse. I got invited back to my top 8 choices for philanthropy round. Greek day is long, stressful, tiring, and it's hot outside. Be comfortable in Nike shorts but still do your hair and makeup as if you were wearing a dress.

For philanthropy rounds (2 days) I wore the t shirt they gave us with my favorite 4 inch JCrew shorts. I wore black shorts one day and coral the next day. I wore my gold jack sandals with the black shorts and white sandals with the coral shorts. I would recommend cuter shorts (jcrew or lilly pulitzer) and sandals. Philanthropy days are shorter because you visit less houses. You have one day of rush under your belt and therefore these rounds are less stressful.

By: Active

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.