facebook

sorority bids

by: Chances Where

Out of state girl, good looking, 3.0 gpa, heavy extracurriculars, no connections
where do I have a chance in getting a bid?

Posted By: Chances Where
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honest    

I don't know. How about you go through recruitment and find out?

By: Honest
#2  by: Girl   

You should be fine with most. You need connectins for top tier and maybe DG, but you should be fine with the rest.

Work on finding connections.

By: Girl
#3  by: Hmmmm   

Top tier will be harder, but I know girls who got in a top tier house with the help of the connections she did weeks before rush start. Work on the connections.
Honestly, you will most likely end up in Phi Mu (maybe), Kappa (maybe), AOPi, Pi Phi, Theta, ADPi, or Alpha Phi.

By: Hmmmm
#4  by: Gdidbvdkkdbdv   

You do not have a chance at phi mu. Maybe kkG if you are lucky but Pi phi, Adpi, aopi, and aphi are your only shot. However you have a high chance with all of them!

By: Gdidbvdkkdbdv
by: umApr 21, 2015 5:07:34 PM

PiPhi and AOPi are not going to give her a high chance with that gpa.

By: um
#5  by: Honestly   

Every year girls get their feelings hurt, especially by top tier. They say top tier is mean, or rude, or aren't willing to get to know the pnm's before they cut them.

This goes both ways! You need to try to connect and get to know the actives before rush! There will be closed to 1500 girls going through recruitment! They can't possibly get to know that many girls! So, they focus on the girls who have put forth the effort to get to know them!

Connections are so important! Even being from OOS, you would be surprised how many people know someone who attends ole miss! Top tier pnm's know how to network! It's an important skill to have during rush, for job interviews, and life in general!

By: Honestly
by: This!Apr 21, 2015 3:01:58 PM

This is so true!

By: This!
by: :oApr 21, 2015 4:20:42 PM

They're predicting 1800 this year

By: :o
#6  by: you'll be fine   

Kappa's nationals is mad at this chapter and making them cut everyone below a 3.3 so not there. I would suggest Phi Mu, AOPi, or Pi Phi! All three are great houses with tons of OOS girls. If you had connections you could get a top house, but that means more southern girls and you might not connect with them as well. I'm in one of the houses mentioned above and my favorite thing about it is having sisters from everywhere. One of my good friends in a "top" house feels left out because all of her sisters are from the south and she doesn't have much in common.

What I'm saying: You will get a bid. Make sure you have your recs (don't forget them!! 2 for each house) and look for the girls you connect with the most. As long as you do this, you can't go wrong!

By: you'll be fine

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.