facebook

alpha phi

by: wondering

Hello everyone! I am an incoming transfer student and I was really excited when I found out Alpha Phi was colonizing especially since I know to expect a lot of cuts during rush week for being a sophomore tipping into a junior and a lack of connections.
However, I have a really good resume. I have a 3.9 GPA, I am very active in two school clubs and one of the officers in one of them, I work part time, etc. I am also a legacy for Phi Mu and Kappa
If none of the other houses want me, do you think Alpha Phi will take a chance on me?
Right now I have one rec letter and 3 letters of support for each house expect Alpha Phi. Should I do the same thing for them? Is there recruitment going to be like all of the other houses or no?

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Advice   

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I suggest you go through regular recruitment. If you get a bid to a house you love then you have no worries. If you find yourself with heavy cuts then alpha phi may be a great option for you.

If they are doing recruitment like they did with ADPi, it will be informal after regular, formal recruitment. Lots of sophomores dropped out of formal recruitment because they felt that ADPi was a better option.

Alpha phi had been known at other campuses to hot the ground running. They should do well here!

By: Advice
#2  by: Keep it up!   

I agree, it would be advantageous for you to also go through regular recruitment, and then afterwards see if you want Alpha Phi. My sorority loves getting quality older girls who already have good GPAs and know how to handle themselves and realize how much commitment being in another organization will be for their college career. Alpha Phi is a great option, but you sound like a great option for all the other sororities too! You have a strong chance with regular recruitment with that GPA.

By: Keep it up!
#3  by: wondering   

Thank y'all so much!! I know to expect some heavy cuts but I will go through regular recruitment! My Ole Miss experience wouldn't be the same without it.

By: wondering
#4  by: Go for it!   

Go through regular recruitment. You may becoming a junior but if your grades and resume are great then you might have a chance! I have a few juniors in my pledge class and they're awesome!
If you do get a lot of cuts and don't like the house you might end up in, then go try Alpha Phi. At least going through rush in the fall gave you a look at what you will be doing to other girls when you become an active. You will know what to talk about, how to act to PNMs, and you'll have the experience of rush! There's nothing to loose if you go through regular recruitment!

By: Go for it!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.