facebook

invited back?

by: greek_newbie

Hey y'all. So I'm trying to learn as much about greek life before rush next year. I was wondering how would I know if I get invitation back to sororities?

Also, what questions should I avoid asking during rush week?
I just don't want to make myself look stupid.
I don't care about tiers, I just want a house where I fit in and will have a good sisterhood throughout my Ole Miss experience!

Posted By: greek_newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HottyToddy   

Right before every round you go to your Gamma Chi in the Grove. She gives you a little slip that has the names of the sororities that you have been invited back to and what time you will be going to that house!

And as for the questions- Just be nice! Honestly, if they don't like you move on to the next house! Just at least pretend to be happy to be there if you're not and talk! Please talk! It's so awkward when girls won't answer our questions. Also ask about our house! Actives love to brag about our sororities!

Be open minded! You will fall in love with a house and if they drop you, you don't have time to be upset about it!! You'll have a great time and you'll have a sisterhood to welcome you after a long week!

By: HottyToddy
by: greek_newbieMar 30, 2015 10:44:17 PM

When is rush week normally? I know it is after the semester starts. I'm hoping I will have some time to meet and make some friends with girls in sororities. Also, if I do summer orientation, am I out of luck because everyone has gone home?

By: greek_newbie
by: RushMar 30, 2015 11:24:34 PM

This year rush starts September 27th and will end October 4th (there will be a break on that Wednesday of that week). We usually do it during a bye week for football but since our bye week for 2015 is mid-November we are having rush during the away game against Florida!!

By: Rush
by: not opMar 31, 2015 3:13:53 PM

What kind of questions do y'all like to be asked about your house? I've seen it said a lot that girls like it when you ask questions but I don't know what kind of questions to ask! I understand questions about the philanthropies but what other kinds of questions??

By: not op
by: Good questions!Mar 31, 2015 5:13:24 PM

Any questions about the chapter is good!! It shows interest.
-What can I do to be involved?
-(On Philanthropy round only) What does this chapter do for their philanthropy? Any other philanthropy's that you participate in?
-Ask about dues. It's awkward to ask, I know, but we are here to answer that question.
Honestly all questions are good!! Just make sure the girl knows you're interested

By: Good questions!
#2  by: to uh...   

It is very late to be asking the kinds of questions that she is asking. And God knows, Greek Rank is NOT the place to learn about rush.

PNMs really need to get their recs in before school is out next month for best results. Summer is fine, but sort of a B effort. I really feel very badly for girls that think they can pull their best dress from the closet and put on a smile and go through rush at Ole Miss. It takes a lot of prep and effort. I really wish her the best.

By: to uh...
by: UhApr 1, 2015 11:26:34 AM

It's not too late!! And it doesn't matter when they send in their recs just as long as they get it done during June (at best). You should take into consideration that these girls also have other stuff to worry about other than rush this semester! Ever think that they have school and activities to worry about? What about applying for scholarships so they know that they are even able to go to Ole Miss?
I will agree that it does take a lot of prep and effort but you have a really bad attitude!!
To PNMs: It's okay to shop for rush during the summer! It's okay that you have questions and this is the only way you'll answer them! It does take a lot of prep but it's okay to ask questions to prepare for rush! Don't like girls like this one discourage you!

By: Uh
by: thank you! @to uh..Apr 1, 2015 10:47:49 PM

Thanks for not being mean! You are right. I am currently in really tough classes turning to keep up my 3.8 GPA, in an honor society, and very active in two clubs, being the president in one. I'm doing the best I can. I'm from out of state too, so it is really hard for me to get all this greek life stuff done, when I need to get stuff for my Ole Miss Orientation done and I need to hear back from financial aid about my scholarships. I already have a three rec letters though! :D :D

By: thank you! @to uh..
by: HonestlyApr 5, 2015 12:17:17 AM

This summer is too late for the top six houses! You need to have your packets turned in BEFORE we finish with our rush workshops and go home for the summer! We have already put together slide shows of the girls we like. Posters have already been put up for our favorites! Honestly, you've had a few months already to work on your packets! Second semester senior year is a blow off, be honest! Unless you are from mississippi or Memphis, you can't afford to wait until this summer!!!!! Unless you want a bottom tier house.

By: Honestly
#3  by: random   

So I can probably have my packets done by the end of May. Is that too late?

By: random
by: @randomApr 5, 2015 3:03:38 AM

Nope!! That's actually a good time!!

By: @random
#4  by: Just asking...   

Which sororities at Ole Miss are considered the "Top Six Houses" ?
Generally, what is the criteria for pledges that they are seeking?

By: Just asking...
by: Open Mind!Apr 5, 2015 3:04:56 AM

Keep an open mind! And these girls are seeking girls that will fit in. There is no equation to how to get into certain houses.
IF you really must know the "top six": DDD, KD, XO, DG, Phi Mu, KKG

By: Open Mind!
#5  by: Yea   

Good advice for the most part, except dues. All the houses are pretty comparable from what I know so there's not a point in asking and you don't want to sound that clueless. Get packets in and breathe. Do you know what to include? Resume, head shot, etc. Include your parents /siblings greek affiliations if there are any. Make sure you have at least one rec and letter for each house. There's another site - greekchat.com (I think) with some older women that give pretty good info specifically for Ole Miss rush. Go read last year's stuff and see if they've started this year's post. Good luck! The GPA is important so good job.

By: Yea

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.