facebook

richest frats?

by: honestly not a gold digge

This may sound like a pretentious question, but I keep seeing this subject addressed on other topics.

Which fraternities have the most 'rich guys'?

Posted By: honestly not a gold digge
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: $   

phi delt, sig nu, and ka are known for having a lot of rich guys. also a lot of money in pike's new pledge class.

By: $
#2  by: might be weird but...   

Most of the guys in Beta come from a lot of money. Here's how I honestly feel about it--
If you're from the south, the fraternities with more "well off" members would be Sigma Nu, Phi Delt, and KA.
If you're not from the south, you know that "having money" in a place like MS or TN basically means nothing. Lots of people from TX, IL, CA, FL, etc come to Ole Miss, and a lot of them actual come from wealthy families. These non-southerners are often overlooked by the "top tier" fraternities and find their home at houses like ATO, Beta, Delta Psi (where the smart guys who will soon be making a lot of $$ are), Kappa Sig, etc.
There isn't really one house that's known as "The Rich House"

By: might be weird but...
by: $$$Apr 2, 2015 12:32:10 PM

Yeah but people from IL, CA, and FL are irrelevant at Ole Miss. There is a difference between Old Money and New Money and the South has more Old Money families, even though they might not have as much as these other regions...Southern Old Money is much more respected.

By: $$$
by: tomApr 11, 2015 2:56:37 PM

"Old South Money" guys can act that way because their families pay the cheap in-state tuition.

Of course if you have a very narrow focus, you can pump yourself up to feel important. But in the rest of the world, those guys are not very relevant. It's like being in a gang in the inner city. In your own little world, you feel important. But the rest of the world looks down on you.

And BTW "Southern Old Money" means what? That your ancestors owned slaves? Guess that is something to be proud of.

By: tom
by: tomApr 11, 2015 2:58:32 PM

and btw the guys in the frats you mentioned - if they went anywhere else THEY would be the irrelevant, looked-down-on ones. That's why they are afraid to leave the state. Anywhere else they would be far from elite.

By: tom
#3  by: Like   

Someone else said.. Sigma Nu, KA, and Phi Delt are the "rich frats." They're the old money boys from Ms and the rest of the south. They're rrspected and ladies love them

By: Like
#4  by: gary   

It does not sound pretentious. It sounds low-class.

And anyone with real money - you will never be able to tell because they do not flaunt it. It is probably the quiet kid in plain clothes getting good grades in your psych class.

By: gary
by: Right! Apr 12, 2015 1:50:58 AM

Wealthiest person I know's family has several billions of dollars. I knew this person practically my entire life and never realized. We lived in a bigger house and drove nicer cars. They n-e-v-e-r talked about their planes (larger than southwest jets) or their vacation homes. Never realized until saw their dad listed high on Forbes list and as the wealthiest person in our large state. Still one of the most wonderful down to earth families I know! Now that is wealth and class!

By: Right!
#5  by: stupid!!!!!!!   

What is rich?????? Seriously! How about what fraternity has the nicest guys?

By: stupid!!!!!!!
#6  by: OldR   

Sig Pi has three kids with private Jets that I know. Most of the kids there have city money.

By: OldR
by: PoklApr 14, 2015 9:47:29 PM

City money for sure. I know a few from New York and California there.

By: Pokl
#7  by: What I have seen   

I'd say the four richest are EX, KE, Phi delt, and Beta does have a lot of quirky but rich kids. KA and EN have southern money but the four above come from states like Texas, Georgia, NC, and California where their money blows what they have away.

By: What I have seen
by: whoApr 15, 2015 1:30:21 AM

Fu€king cares! This post is beyond stupid.

By: who
#8  by: Lol   

Alpha Sigma Sigma

By: Lol
#9  by: Rebel $$$   

It's hard to say. All fraternities have their fair share of wealthy members but Beta typically has the richest guys. I dated one and met a lot of the guys and although they don't brag they have some serious money in the bank. It's not common to see betas headed to the Oxford airport or Memphis to get on their private jets to fly home or to go on vacation

By: Rebel $$$
#10  by: Can't imagine   

Well goodness, why would you think you would appear to be pretentious to ask where the rich guys are? Or how could anyone possibly think you were a gold digger?

By: Can't imagine

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.