facebook

for pnms

by: spring

Why don't we do something like preview day and spring teas like at bama or spring open house like at state??

Posted By: spring
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well...   

Because right now sororities are doing their philanthropy events and getting ready for Fall recruitment to go along with classes, formals, parties, parents' weekends, and other stuff.
In other words- we have stuff to do. Meet girls your own way. Sorry.

By: Well...
by: springMar 28, 2015 10:16:16 PM

It was just a question. Obviously the girls at alabama and msu are doing all of those things too. It's fine that we don't do that I don't really care, I just think it's a great thing and I didn't know if there was a specific reason why we didn't do it. Don't be so offended!

By: spring
#2  by: Because   

It's not because we are too busy, it's because our formal recruitment is a little different than most. We have less sororities, bigger pledge classes, and a lot more red tape. Ole miss is a lot more competitive.

It's also because our alumni chose our pledge classes and not the actives. A spring event would imply girls have a chance getting into our houses without knowing alumni.

By: Because
#3  by: Questions ?   

Do the Alumni choosing the girls happen all the sororities and if not which ones? How do the Alumni get the names of the girls ? Should Alumni righting your recs and support letters call Ole Miss Alumni from these particular sororities ? People keep posting that Alumni pick the girls so I would think the answers to these questions might help everyone going through .

By: Questions ?
by: NoMar 29, 2015 10:30:33 AM

not every house has overactive alumni. DG and Chi O probably have the most alumni involvement. KD, Kappa, Phi Mu, and DDD have alumni involvement, but not on the same level as DG and Chi O. I've heard DG doesn't even have bid rounds for the active members until after skit round.

By: No
by: @ NoMar 29, 2015 2:15:53 PM

That isn't true. DG does have tons of alumni involvement but actives do have a vote after every round. I had zero connections and prefed DG because I clicked with actives and made a great impresssion during rush. So don't get this idea in your head that you're screwed unless you have tons of alumni support. Yes it's obviously important but it isn't everything. You can go through rush with 2 average rec letters, no in house or alumni connections and do fine if you make a great impression and have a good resume.

By: @ No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.