facebook

rush and alumni

by: Sorry

Ladies, if you are scared of alumni having a voice and you think that after finding out that you don't want to rush then don't. We will fill your spot up with a girl who is prepared and who will go through rush with a brave face.

Alumni don't have all the power, if the girls like you then they will fight for you. You seriously can't be scared of trying to impress a few more people during rush! Sure it MIGHT give you a disadvantage but Ole Miss is known for having a difficult rush. You should've known this by now.

Posted By: Sorry
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Seriously!   

Alumni need to step down and allow the active members to chose who they want in the house! Rush is no fun for those of us in houses controlled by alumni! It's such a joke in my house. We don't even vote in our house and if we want a girl we have to convince the alumni to give her a bid!

Shameful what rush has become!

By: Seriously!
by: LuckyMar 24, 2015 1:38:50 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones who gets a vote in the house, but we have alumni having a little bit of a voice. Obviously they want to make sure we're picking out good girls but I seriously can't believe that a lot of houses have alumni picking their sisters.

By: Lucky
#2  by: Alumni   

Why shouldn't the alumni have all the power? We have been around longer and know better. We see potential pitfalls long before you girls do.

It is out obligation to protect our legacies and other girls from Mississippi. We are no need change the way we do things. If you don't like it, there are always the lower tier sororities.

By: Alumni
by: @alumniMar 24, 2015 10:11:10 AM

You are the poster child for everything wrong with sororities at Ole Miss. Why don't you start living in the real world and let us have college. We got this….we are the present, you are the past. Close the door, walk on…we don't need your interference.

By: @alumni
by: ACTIVEMar 24, 2015 1:42:29 PM

I totally get where you're coming from, Alumni. But can you just have a limited voice? Why should you have all the say in it?

I'm in what's considered a "middle tier" house and our alumni just oversee rush and when the girl has a low GPA or no financial stability they speak up. That's fine. But you really should be living in the real world. We are the actives, you are not. It's okay to have a voice, but you shouldn't have all the power because then the sister hood isn't strong or no one will want to take the bid to your house because they know that alumni control everything.

By: ACTIVE
#3  by: Lists   

Out alumni give us a list of the girls they want us to rush. They get mad at us when we don't show their picks love. Then they drop our friends after we go home before they turn in the lists.

By: Lists
#4  by: linny   

Alum has everything to di with it. Ask Tri Delt and #No 1 grade risk Chi omega

By: linny
by: umMar 28, 2015 11:24:52 AM

what do you mean by #1 grade risk chi omega??

By: um
by: ^Mar 28, 2015 5:39:32 PM

She meant "No grade risk" Chi Omega. Chi Omega is known for having some of the smartest girls and they do not take girls who have low GPAs.

By: ^
by: @^Mar 28, 2015 7:13:08 PM

i thought they had one of the best GPAs on campus if not the best thats why i was confused lol. i think i overlooked the No behind the hashtag by accident - thanks for clarifying!

By: @^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.