AOII/Pi Phi
-one is more chill, the other more wild
ADPi/Thera
Both have made so much progress

Posted By: Frats and sororitys
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Frats and sororitys   

How is kappa not top, let along below DG. I'm calling BS.

By: Frats and sororitys
by: Really?Apr 5, 2015 6:23:39 PM

I do not agree that Kappas have a bad reputation still. I know this was the image they had in the past but,is not know. The last 2 pledge classes have had some of the greatest girls , I'm not a KKG, but lets quiet trying to put sororities down . Every house has great girls and bad ones !!! I'm in a top house and we have easy,party girls too.

By: Really?
by: nope`Apr 10, 2015 1:31:43 PM

Kappa is not top tier! Not even close. At Ole Miss, they are 6th in the ranks! Great girls, pretty girls, but not considered top. Most of the girls who pledge Kappa were cut from top houses not because they weren't great, but because they lacked the necessary connections.

By: nope`
#2  by: Look at this...   

^nice way to forget to change your username, Frats and sororitys. Looks like you're putting out a sorority ranking and then trying to stir the pot to make Kappa look bad! Must be a bottom tier who's jealous

By: Look at this...
by: funny!Apr 10, 2015 1:32:55 PM

hahaha

Totally shows how this website it total BS!

However, the original poster did nail the order of the ranks!

By: funny!
#3  by: Ole Miss ...   

I do not agree with this either . Kappa is definitely 4th in line behind the top 3 that you have listed. Phi Mu and DG are behind Kappa. Kappa has really had 2 great pledge classes and has cleaned up their image which is why they have moved ahead of Phi Mu and DG.

By: Ole Miss ...
by: Not really.Mar 6, 2015 2:28:29 PM

I love my friends in Kappa, but this system is about tradition. DG has tradition here, and it keeps them #4. Kappa is awesome and fun and has gained popularity but it would take a giant scandal to uproot DG from that spot.

By: Not really.
by: NopeMar 11, 2015 6:44:26 AM

Kappa is not 4th. They are 6th.

Get over it! Sure, they get great girls because our top six sororities are all great, but they will not uproot DG or phi mu any time soon.

By: Nope
by: ^ @nopeMar 12, 2015 12:05:00 AM

are you a little butt hurt that kappa cut you or what? stop knocking kappa. personally I think they are easily top 4 as well.

By: ^ @nope
by: StopApr 13, 2015 3:21:23 PM

Dg plz give up this tradition BS. Is it tradition to give out snap bids?

By: Stop
#4  by: Everyone    

Knows this and it's literally posted weekly

By: Everyone
by: ole miss ...Mar 7, 2015 7:05:58 AM

I don't really care about where Kappa ranks, but I'm impressed at how they hang out with the top sororities. At Ole Miss it seems that the sororities all support each other and I like that.

By: ole miss ...
#5  by: IF you   

look at the CURRENT membership in each house, then Kappa is easily top 4. Another 4 years of them getting top pledge classes and they will easily be top 3, especially with all the out of state girls.

Over time tiers do change as the demographics of who attends Ole Miss changes.

By: IF you
by: Agree ...Mar 12, 2015 7:20:11 AM

Kappa 's last 2 pledge classes have been great. Kappa is no. 4 and the girls from out of state are top notch . I'm not a Kappa, but I am in a known top tier house . DG lets their Alumni control who they take in, so until they start taking in girls they like and get away from just Jackson Prep girls they will continue to drop in rank.

By: Agree ...
by: nopeApr 10, 2015 1:34:23 PM

Kappa is number 6. That won't be changing anytime soon.

By: nope
#6  by: Top 3    

Kappa has more "prestige" than DG everywhere, including Ole Miss

By: Top 3
by: RebeletteMar 13, 2015 1:51:10 PM

Whether you think DG is top or top 4 or middle or whatever you can't say DG doesn't have prestige here. There will always be a ton of tradition between Oxford and DG that other sororities don't have. And good or bad years aside, DG has long been a great sorority that Mississippi and southern girls want to be in, not just here but at State too. This doesn't take anything away from Kappa. But I think to compare the prestige of the two at Ole Miss really isn't a comparison because one has tradition and one doesn't.

By: Rebelette
#7  by: What   

Kind of problems?

By: What
#8  by: Perception    

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks, Kappa is super confident and believes they are top tier at Ole Miss. That's all that matters. If you believe you are in the top house, then you are entitled to YOUR opinion. Everyone's criteria of what is top tier is different. The girls rushing and pledging Kappa think KKG is the top house. You can disagree.

By: Perception
by: YESApr 5, 2015 4:30:07 PM

If you're looking at history and tradition on campus, kappa isnt top tier. BUT, if you're looking at the current members, involvement, and how well liked they are around campus and with frats, they're definitely at the top. The ranks here are entirely based on the past and don't say anything about the quality of the sororities today.

By: YES
#9  by: Reality   

My understanding is that Kappa's Nationals has higher standards for Gpa. That is why Kappa will release any girl below 3.35 GPA.

By: Reality
by: LolMar 13, 2015 1:40:07 AM

Ole miss KKG took girls with 2.8+ in rush 2013. This is why they had to play catch up and cut girls with below a 3.35 in 2014. It didn't help. Their chapter GPA is God awful.

By: Lol
by: ol missMar 13, 2015 11:06:07 AM

Good for Kappa for increasing their minimum GPA requirements! 3 more years of pledge classes above 3.4 will elevate their gpa. They are a great chapter at Ole Miss and getting better every year. I'm not a Kappa but I think they are a fun, outgoing house that girls want during recruitment.

By: ol miss
#10  by: Actually....   

Tradition has different meaning to different people. Many girls coming to Ole Miss do not care that DG or whoever else was founded or had a chapter here in 1900. Many are coming from states where the "most tradition" and oldest, most respected sororities are not DG KD XO. Everyone's perspective is different. At Arkansas, Pi Phi and Kappa are top tier. DG folded at Vanderbilt where Theta and Kappa are top tier. ADPi is top tier and stronger than KD, DDD, and DG at Georgia. What girls from schools in Jackson think is not significant to girls coming from Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta, Houston. All the groups at Ole Miss need to work hard and evaluate what makes a strong chapter TODAY. Stop talking about the past, it's your current membership that is relevant. Change is the only constant in life.

By: Actually....
by: OmgApr 8, 2015 11:24:02 PM

This could not be more true!!!!!!!!

By: Omg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.