facebook

what are my chances of getting a bid when i transf

by: futureolemissstudent

I am 20 years old, I will be 21 when I transfer. I plan on going to Ole Miss. I am a legacy to Phi Mu (my sister was one) and I would love to keep the tradition going and be a Phi Mu as well. I'd be happy with any bid though.
I am from the Midwest. My GPA is a 3.8. I am very fun and outgoing girl who goes above and beyond for her friends.

I'm not really sure how rush works at Ole Miss or at any school. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Posted By: futureolemissstudent
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sorry   

Prepare for big cuts during rush! And don't get your hopes up for phi mu, unless you sister is currently active at ole miss.

Theta and ADPi will be good bets. Alpha phi is colonizing next year and will need upperclassmen in their new pledge class.

You can cross Tri Delt and KD off your list. Xo as well unless you know a chapter alumni who is in love with you.

Phi mu, DG, and kappa will be an uphill battle!

By: Sorry
by: futureolemissstudentJan 20, 2015 9:40:55 AM

What is normally looked for during rush week?
Do some houses only want underclassmen, etc?

By: futureolemissstudent
by: uhhJan 20, 2015 3:12:19 PM

most houses will only take underclassmen with exception of one or two girls. if you don't know anyone in any sorority, just expect to have extremely limited options. if you don't have any girls pulling for you in the house, you will get cut extremely early in the game

By: uhh
by: ?Jan 21, 2015 12:35:11 AM

when you say kappa
do you mean kappa kappa gamma or kappa delta?

By: ?
by: @ ?Jan 21, 2015 2:03:00 AM

Wow kappa is the universal nickname for kappa kappa gamma. KD is the nickname for kappa delta.

By: @ ?
#2  by: @?   

Ok lol.
Sorry i didn't know? That isn't knowledge for everyone especially those who don't know much about greek life....

By: @?
by: UmmmJan 26, 2015 7:24:09 PM

I would not recommend you go through rush without a crash course in Greek life! I promise you will find yourself bid less! You will cry and criticize houses for cutting you when the fault will be yours for not doing your homework!
Kappa delta is always referred to as KD. Kappa kappa gamma is either referred to as kappa or KKG. Take your pic.

By: Ummm
#3  by: hm   

You will be 21? A junior?

Your best bet would be to colonize with Alpha Phi, but go through formal recruitment anyway to see if Theta or ADPi will take a chance on you.

By: hm
by: futureolemissstudentJan 22, 2015 6:33:15 AM

It just depends how my credits transfer. If i have less then 60, i will be a sophomore
Will being a sophomore increase my chances a little bit?
I'd like to be a Phi Mu bc of my sister and if I connect with the girls at the Ole Miss chapter. If not, that's okay. I wanna go where I'm wanted. I don't care about top, middle, and bottom tier sororities. I just want a good sisterhood.

#4  by: ....   

It's good that you're open minded and wanting to find the best fit. Everyone going through recruitment here needs that mindset. As for Phi Mu, make sure your sister sends in a legacy introduction form for you. She'll find it at the national website. Just know, and you seem to, that being a legacy doesn't guarantee anything. Good luck!

By: ....
by: futureolemissstudentJan 26, 2015 12:33:07 PM

thank you! I will do so! I would love the opportunity to be in any sorority. I would love to be a Phi Mu but if I were to be an ADPi, Alpha Phi, Tri Delta, etc. I'd be happy with that. Thanks for telling me about the legacy introduction form. I can't wait to visit Ole Miss!

#5  by: Rebellll   

Phi Mu is a great house and might be a struggle to get into ESPECIALLY since you're older. You can try though!

By: Rebellll
by: futureolemissstudentJan 26, 2015 12:33:59 PM

I definitely will try, not just for Phi Mu but for every house :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.