facebook

oos

by: midwests_best

Im in high school from southern/midwestern city. My sister went to Ole Miss and was in an upper middle tier sorority but dropped, so does that still make me a legacy? My grandma was a kappa at duke, if that would help with rush at all. I have a 3.7 gpa and go to one of the best high schools in the state. Im captain of my sports team and am in about 4-5 clubs (fellowship of christian athletes, gateway puppy guardians, hunger outreach...etc). I do fit the classic ole miss girl look (pink and pearls) and everyone in my family went to a southern school... do I have any chance at a top tier sorority? my friends consider me the social one who likes to have fun but still have morals... please no rude comments im just a little stressed about rushing and would like to know what chances an OOS girl has with my kind of resume

Posted By: midwests_best
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: midwests_best   

also... how do i get myself noticed from the good sororities?

By: midwests_best
#2  by: I got u   

It's all about connections!! You sound like a wonderful girl, but you need to meet actives!! If you know any sorority girls I encourage you to reach out to them and go stay with them during spring parties and meet all of their friends! Best of luck to you!

By: I got u
#3  by: Haha   

I'll be on the lookout for you. Shouldn't have given us all that info

By: Haha
#4  by: to OP   

No, you are definitely not a legacy to the chapter that your sister pledged & dropped out of.

By: to OP
#5  by: Your sister    

Dropping is a negative thing for you. Sororities do not want girls to drop.. It makes them look bad. Don't put that your sister was once in their sorority on your resume. But you can put that your grandma was a kappa. That won't really help but it's worth a shot.

By: Your sister
#6  by: Careful   

First of all, you put way too much personal info on here. Not smart!

Second of all, was your sister initiated? Then you would be a legacy. After initiation, girls drop for all kinds of reasons.

Lastly, you sound like you will have a pretty good rush if everything you said was true. The key will be meeting actives! Don't forget bid lists are formed before May.

By: Careful
by: @ Careful....Dec 21, 2014 4:30:47 PM

No, she is definitely NOT a legacy to the sorority that her sister dropped out of, whether the sister was initiated or not. That is not correct for ANY sorority.

Please don't give girls this kind of badly incorrect information. It could ruin her rush, which I will kindly assume that you were not TRYING to do. You sound more like a new member who has never been on the sister side of rush & you have no education on the rules.

By: @ Careful....
#7  by: midwests_best   

thanks for all of the help y'all! Also, if I am rushing fall/2015, when do I need to start the process/ what do I do?

By: midwests_best

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.