facebook

2015 sorority rush

by: OOS female

I'm a girl from out of state rushing next fall and wonder if I have a shot at houses like DDD, DG, KD, and chi O, and phi mu if I don't know many people. I have a good GPA and am fairly involved at school. I'm not a legacy but really want to get in a good house. How do I meet people from houses like these?

Posted By: OOS female
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Um..   

First of all, all the houses are good. And no you don't have much of a chance of those houses. You need to be open minded.

By: Um..
by: WelNov 3, 2014 12:16:10 PM

If all houses are good, why does she have a chance with some and not with the ones she listed?

Oh right. Because the ones she listed are the better, more exclusive houses. Yes, all houses at ole miss are good but some are better than others. And she will not have a shot with top tier unless she has connections or just does amazing during Rush

By: Wel
by: @WelDec 16, 2014 1:41:09 AM

Just because a house is exclude to in state girls doesn't make it better. Thinking and acting like you're the best house doesn't make you the best house, it just makes you have a stick up your ass. They're all good houses because this is Ole Miss. Please grow up.

By: @Wel
#2  by: It's true   

You will need connections if you want in one of those sororities. Yes, there are no bad sororities, BUT there are sororities that most girls want. The bottom four or five sororities take girls who have no connections in other houses.

By: It's true
by: Thanks butNov 3, 2014 8:00:15 PM

How do I make connections though? I know all houses are good but I really want one of the ones I listed. I want to be as prepared as possible for Rush!!

By: Thanks but
by: ^^^^Nov 3, 2014 8:29:01 PM

Sadly the girls who end up in top houses don't have to ask how to make friends and connections. They naturally know how to get out there and network. It's not something we can teach you.

By: ^^^^
by: UhNov 3, 2014 8:38:45 PM

I'm 600 miles from ole miss and the only girl I know who went here graduated 6 years ago. Sorry I can't just drive to ole miss on a football weekend and make friends. Just looking for some advice. So helpful

By: Uh
by: So...Nov 3, 2014 9:57:15 PM

Why aren't you interested in any of the other houses?

By: So...
by: @uhNov 3, 2014 10:10:42 PM

If you have no friends that go here, then what difference does it make what sorority you end up in? You are so missing the point of what sororities are all about! You can't pick your friends based on who is more popular!

I came from OOS too, 800 miles away and only knew of a few girls, but wasn't friends with any of them. I met alumni on Facebook who introduced me to girls. One of my moms coworkers attended ole miss and she introduced me to others. I attended our local Panhellenic tea and met still other alumni who made further introductions.

It's called networking. All from 800 miles away. Start with your local Panhellenic. Then see if there is a rebel club in your area.

I actually met peoe from church who attended ole miss. Alumni are everywhere, nationwide. You just have to look. And alumni are key to meeting current students, especially for out of state girls.

By: @uh
#3  by: Connections   

It'a all about connections, backed up by a good resume.

By: Connections
#4  by: hotty toddy    

Don't be discouraged! I am not OOS, but I had no connections going into rush. In fact, I knew absolutely nothing about rush. I'm not from a Greek family so no legacies, etc. I had one rec per house. I ended up getting a bid from chi o. Go into rush and be yourself! You will end up where you need to be. :)

By: hotty toddy
#5  by: student   

Have a lot of recs, I know a lot of out of state girls in all those sororities and in my own (one of above). They all have reputations for only taking in state girls, but no one can only take in state girls, they're aren't even of the type they want. Of the ones mentioned above, DG is most likely to take out of state girls, based on their past 2 rushes and Phi Mu is second.

By: student
#6  by: seriously   

Go to Jumpstart. There will be a ton of cute guys there, but ignore them. Network your ass off and don't make a fool of yourself, you'll have a good chance!

By: seriously
#7  by: well    

I'm in one of those houses you mentioned and the best piece of advice I can give you is to network like crazy, we have so many girls on our radar that if we don't know you personally you're just another resume and it's not enough to look good on a piece of paper.

By: well
#8  by: ?   

so what do you have against kappa?

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.