facebook

top 4

by: Rebs

I'm going to just come out and say it. There are 2 top sororities and 2 top fraternities. Tridelt/XO and EN/EX. I'm in one of those sororities but I honestly believe these 4 have separated from everyone else

Posted By: Rebs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: hmmm   

I agree with top two fraternities but not the sororities. KD is in the top two........

By: hmmm
#2  by: Uhhh   

I think KD and DDD are too. XO is on the level with DG above Phi Mu and KKG. DDD and KD are top because everyone wants to be in those houses. XO isn't as wanted because it's so exclusive, but not in a good way.

By: Uhhh
#3  by: Agreed   

I agree, in real life this is how it is, but on this website, and only this website, KD will have you believe otherwise.

Xo is one of the top. They are exclusive and do not let just anyone in. It's what makes them so good. They work hard at vetting their members.

By: Agreed
by: Really..?Nov 4, 2014 3:01:06 AM

Because it seems like they let "just anyone" in this year...

By: Really..?
#4  by: agreed   

XO DDD EN and EX tops all others pale in comparison!

By: agreed
#5  by: Yep   

I definitely agree with this. Last year I may have put KA up there but not anymore. These 4 are the most selective, involved, and fun, maybe euding xo on the fun part

By: Yep
by: HaNov 3, 2014 10:16:25 PM

Chi o is fun! Especially if you are from Jackson.

By: Ha
#6  by: Facetious   

Please define top:

Most beautiful? Inside? How do you measure that? Outside? Then, the sorority with the largest contingent of pageant girls--but of course, most gorgeous girls are not pageant types.

Smartest? Then, the sorority with the highest GPA--but what about the sorority with the greatest number of pre-med, pre-law members, for example?

Most philanthropic? Then, the sorority that puts in the greatest number of hours--since service is as important as money raised.

Most southern? So you think having the most 'southern' girls makes you best? Pretty outdated thinking. Let's reverse things. So if you're a Southerner and following graduation from Ole Miss, you seek a job in NYC, LA, Chicago, Denver, San Fran, Phoenix, Seattle…you would assume that you're at a disadvantage to a Northerner, Westerner or Easterner (or even foreigner) ?

My point is that ranking sororities is a subjective process, pure and simple. It is based on ridiculous presumptions about girls who most people know very little about. How does any one person know about this year's ten pledge classes in depth? 40% are from out of state. They've been on campus a grand total of 2.5 months. You don't know them. You judge from afar on your high school-ish criteria.

You don't know what you don't know. But, hey, go ahead and keep on ranking…you're ignorance is entertaining!

By: Facetious
by: Only post worth readingNov 20, 2014 8:35:04 PM

Ditto x 1 million!!!!
Everyone else go back to feeding your emaciated egos.

By: Only post worth reading
#7  by: @by rebs   

I agree. I think these 4 are the best on campus. They get all the top in state and OOS girls and guys.

By: @by rebs
#8  by: @facetious   

You are exactly right but you have to understand that these guys and girls WHOLE life depend on getting into a certain fraternity or sorority. Once they get in, they flood these sites talking about how great they are. They are basically talking to each other in a public forum. There are great guys and girls in every fraternity and sorority but some folks just can't accept that they are just like everyone else. They have to believe that they are better because it's that important to them. Pretty sad but unfortunately it's true. All these rankings are just the same people talking to each other and telling each other how great they are. You can tell the ones that flood these sites. The other fraternities and sororities are out having fun and enjoying the experience.

By: @facetious
by: Pretty FunnyNov 4, 2014 9:59:39 AM

Your post is pretty funny. You don't even recognize yourself. What you have accused others of doing is EXACTLY what you are doing.

Look at the top 5 ranks of sororities and fraternities and you will see mid and bottom tier represented. It is because of all the self ranking they do. Look also at the top three number of comments and you have; Theta, DG and KKG for fraternities; KE, Beta and Phi Psi. This really sheds light on who is doing all the talking.

So go take your own advise and get off here and go have some fun and enjoy the experience!!!

By: Pretty Funny
#9  by: That's great   

Maybe when you get a job after college, you will get a promotion because you were top two!!!

By: That's great
by: hahaNov 4, 2014 10:51:15 AM

What a stupid comment. Grow up

By: haha
#10  by: Eh   

DDD has really fallen in the recent 5 years. So has KA. I'd honestly say KD is in the top houses

By: Eh
by: DisagreeNov 4, 2014 7:44:15 PM

KD was only briefly on top like four years ago. They haven't been able to put a decent pledge class together since then. DG has gained top tier over them.

By: Disagree
by: hahahahahahahaNov 4, 2014 9:07:44 PM

hahahah DG top tier??? lol what's next are people going to say phi mu is top tier too?? nice try. DDD KD and XO have always been top and will always be top tier at ole miss

By: hahahahahahaha
by: Phi muNov 4, 2014 10:53:15 PM

I know a LOT of Phi Mu girls that are great. What's your point? Are you saying all phi mus are bad?

By: Phi mu
by: LolNov 5, 2014 8:38:56 PM

Yeah I know a lot of great phi mus.. I also know a lot of great thetas but that doesn't mean that either of those sororities are top tier..

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.