facebook

fraternities

by: hpe

Rankings for the fraternities for the OOS kids? Cause we know there are some who will take mainly Mississippi kids.(which is fair and understandable)

Posted By: hpe
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Good question   

I've read several posts that say some Fraternities and Soroities are known as mainly MS. Kids. I'm curious as to which ones don't have a big percentage of MS. Kids. It is after all the University of MS. I know that OOS make up a big percentage of student population at Ole Miss and they are represented in all the houses even top tier.

By: Good question
by: TruthOct 29, 2014 12:39:36 PM

Beta is the out of state fraternity at Ole Miss. Out of like 160 guys they only have about 30 that are from MS.

By: Truth
by: welllOct 30, 2014 1:08:06 AM

if you are not a legacy or in state you most likely will not get into the following: ATO, Kappa Sig, Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu, KA, Phi Delt, or Pike. All of the others are fair game.

By: welll
#2  by: not true   

Some of the top fraternities have a lot of people from OOS. I know EX and EN have many kids from memphis,dallas,atlanta,birmingham

By: not true
#3  by: OOS   

Top of the frats with a lot of OOS kids are ATO,kE and Phi PSI. These frats have kids from all over and a lot of Ms kids. They have great cute guys and great parties! I think they also had the best pledge classes. Very hot OOS guys!!

By: OOS
#4  by: af34f23f   

Top: KA, Sigma Nu, Phi Delt, Sigma Chi, ATO
Middle: Kappa Sig, Pike, SAE, Sig Pi, Phi Psi
Bottom: Delta Psi, Beta, Phi Tau, Pi Kapp, Chi Psi.

By: af34f23f
by: No.Nov 2, 2014 9:09:54 PM

ATO is not top.

By: No.
#5  by: jpm1520   

I should be going to ole miss as a transfer from California, should I attempt to rush the top tier fraternities?

By: jpm1520
by: ?Nov 9, 2014 10:31:02 PM

It doesn't matter where you are from. I would rush the ones that seem the best fit for you. With that said if you don't know anyone at Ole Miss it will be up to you to network.

By: ?
#6  by: OOS?   

Wouldn't the fraternities with more of a variety of guys be better than the ones that only pledge in-state guys? It seems your social and professional circle after college would be WAY bigger.

Something like KA might be OK if you want a job as the Recorder of Deeds in the small town where you grew up, but it seems if you want to be higher in society you would want one of the houses that are more diverse geographically.

By: OOS?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.