facebook

fraternities

by: Greek Rush

How does the fraternity process work? It looks like if you are from out of state, not really connected by family, not rich you are out of luck?

Posted By: Greek Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: process   

At KE the process is this...you show up and we give you a bid.

By: process
by: ReallyOct 23, 2014 5:49:31 PM

They sure didn't offer me one!

By: Really
by: WtfOct 23, 2014 6:12:14 PM

you're annoying

By: Wtf
#2  by: Out of state   

Doesn't work!

By: Out of state
#3  by: ok   

You can definitely get a bid from a fraternity if you are OOS. The most important thing is to try to make summer parties and get to know some of the guys. I would recommend wearing some nice clothes. No cargo shorts etc.

By: ok
by: TouchdownOct 24, 2014 1:36:55 PM

It is a terrible process! It is a big joke! Nothing fair! Summer parties are so overrated and then you are suppose to meet people in a line of 1000 plus and make an impression! No way is is any organized process! Good ole boy at its best! It is worse than the sorority rush because at least they have to act like they care about grades!

By: Touchdown
by: processOct 24, 2014 2:38:09 PM

I don't know about your process but KA, EN and EX care about rushees grades. Other than Delta Psi they have the highest fraternity GPA too. GPA and ACT/SAT play a big role in our rush process. EX and EN take a good many OOS kids. Look at their pledge class and you'll see between 45-55% are OOS kids. Summer parties are for netwrkng. The real rush doesn't start until you get on campus. When you get to campus it is up to you to make the connections and network.

By: process
#4  by: agree with process   

I hate when I hear that OOS kids can't get a bid from top tier. It happens but you have to be social and meet guys. GRADES matter! ACT matter! Personality matter!

By: agree with process
#5  by: So true   

You can get a bid from a great fraternity. Some will be more open to OOS kids than others. It is true that some will not give you half a chance if you are OOS, but they are certainly not the only or best fraternities on campus. Fraternity life is expensive- you'll need a job perhaps to cover your dues. Not all fraternity guys are rich. We all aren't well connected by family, either. Although this stereotype is true for some- the old MS family rich kid legacy whose family has gone to Ole Miss for generations- it certainly is not true for all of us.

By: So true
#6  by: EASY   

Just get in with Beta and Phi Psi. They'll give you a bid just for showing up.

By: EASY
by: Don't be a haterNov 2, 2014 7:01:40 PM

Easy is an idiot. This same Douche is a troll that posts about a few of the fraternities at Ole Miss. Beta is on the rise here. They are fun, attractive OOS guys that are doing well in rush and some fraternities are hating that. A few of my friends liked Phi Psi over some top tier fraternities, too. They are some great guys.

By: Don't be a hater
by: not hereNov 2, 2014 7:10:53 PM

I'm in a top tier fraternity. I can tell you with 100% truthfulness we did not lose a single guy to Phi Psi or Beta.

By: not here
by: Easy what??Nov 3, 2014 12:28:48 PM

Don't know about Beta but Phi Psi got 90 very good looking and awesome guys and they were very selective.Why are you starting rumors? Looks like you are jealous .

By: Easy what??
by: hahaNov 3, 2014 11:41:12 PM

Phi Psi selective, who do you think your kidding? Honey, believe me no one is jealous either!

By: haha
#7  by: Hello   

You did because a lot of OOS guys walked in and walked right out of some houses. They wanted more kids from all over. They don't want frats with all good ole boys from Ms that grew up together. KE and Phi Psi had great pledge class with very good looking and classy guys. Your so called top frats won't even look at a high quality guy who has it all but no connection to Ms. So you are stuck with boring legacy awkward guys. The upper mid tier frats are becoming more popular because of the rut and backward thinking of MS people . Things are changing at Ol Miss and you can't handle it!!

By: Hello
by: obviouslyNov 3, 2014 1:30:09 PM

You really don't know what your talking about and your arguments have no merit. The top fraternities take the most sought after in state and OOS guys period! Top fraternities have a good percentage of OOS guys. Why wouldn't we? Great guys come from all over.

By: obviously
by: Truth is...Nov 3, 2014 7:27:13 PM

...there are good OOS guys who feel out-of-place in all-MS or all-southern fraternities...not that they don't like them...just not interested in adjusting to the narrow parameters those chapters require...those fraternities don't want guys who like diversity in their friendships or interests...not all guys want to fit that mold...particularly if they don't plan to live in MS after graduation.

By: Truth is...
#8  by: @Truth is...    

You are right on and explained how many guys feel.

By: @Truth is...
#9  by: Lol   

Joke I know boys with great grades and ACT that didn't even get looked at by in state boys! So stupid! It is all about family connections!

By: Lol
#10  by: Summer Days   

Most are not invited to summer parties from out of state!!!
That is another problem!

By: Summer Days
by: not trueNov 4, 2014 9:40:32 AM

I am in a top tier and I am from out of state. I was invited to summer parties.

By: not true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.