facebook

sororities

by: NC

I'm OOS and will most likely be a freshman next fall. I have a pretty high GPA but I don't know anyone really well..does that hurt my chances of getting into a top tier sorority?

Posted By: NC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: loves Ole Miss   

You will need a high GPA and a nice resume' with community service etc. I would suggest making contacts with girls on campus and make an effort to put your best foot forward. If you make a nice impression and get to know some girls you have a chance. Many of the top houses know who they want before rush starts.

By: loves Ole Miss
#2  by: :)   

Good grades are key for the beginning of rush, but for top tier you need to know people. You really do have time to meet girls in sororities during move in week and a little before rush.
And honestly, tiers really don't matter. I'm guilty of judging sororities because of "tiers" during rush but it REALLY doesn't matter. No one cares really. I know DDD that hang out with ADPis and Phi Mus that hang out with Theta. Just go where you find a connection.

By: :)
#3  by: :)   

getting on this website made me so scared for rush coming from out of state , but I was able to get into a "top tier" house with no in house connections and without being a legacy. If you have what a sorority is looking for, they will take you regardless of where you are from. Make sure you keep your grades as high as possible, a 3.8 or 4.0 looks a lot better than a 3.2 even though they are both in the green zone. Involvement and leadership positions are also good to put on a resume. You should be fine as long as you get your recs in and have a resume that stands out! good luck!

By: :)
by: FratOct 21, 2014 3:55:55 PM

If you area guy! Don't worry about grades or letters! Just know you will get cut and will not meet people at rush enough to make a difference! It will all depend on who you know before they vote! They couldn't careless about any of the rest a total waste of time ! It is not anything about what you are or recommendations! It is a good old boy system! The ones that consider themselves top tier are a joke and love instate boys! Still loving high school!

By: Frat
by: UhhOct 21, 2014 4:03:39 PM

She said "sorority"...calm it down with those exclamation marks buddy.

By: Uhh
#4  by: OOS   

I am from out of state too. For the top six sororities, you need connections! Don't let someone on this site tell you otherwise. We don't mean to scare you, we want to prepare you!

Don't be the bitter girl who comes on here after rush and rails against all the sororities who cut them! Be the girl who has a great rush with nothing negative to say about any house!

If you have friends and connections in all the houses, your odds will be much better with far less hurt feelings.

By: OOS
#5  by: Bottom tier   

I'm from out of state and I chose a so-called bottom tier sorority over one with a better reputation and I honestly love it. It's really all about perception.

By: Bottom tier
by: hummOct 22, 2014 1:45:28 AM

Maybe you need better glasses.

By: humm
by: @hummOct 22, 2014 6:00:57 AM

That's rude...she was just giving her viewpoint in case this girl doesn't get into a top tier sorority.

By: @humm
#6  by: Mary Jean   

to humm

maybe you need a brain............

By: Mary Jean
#7  by: RebelGirl   

If you are interested in only what you think are "top tier"... well, sweetie, good luck with that.

If you are interested in finding the chapter that is the BEST fit for you, we invite you to open up that narrow little mind to look at all of the groups on campus. Different groups have something to offer girls of all different talents, shapes, interests and backgrounds.

By: RebelGirl
#8  by: GPA   

They only care who you know and how much money you have!

By: GPA

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.