facebook

someone please help!

by: Hi

3.0, 2 recs per house, decently attractive, outgoing, very involved, community service, academic and athletic awards, oos, don't know anyone. Do I still have a good shot at finding a home here? I don't care if it's "top" or "bottom", I just want sisterhood

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

yes, every one has a chance of finding a home here, no matter if you don't know anyone. You just won't have as many option as girls who know people in every sorority. This year will also be different because actives will be able to talk and try to convince pnms before hand, so find some nice actives in your classes if you'd like!

By: yes
#2  by: yes!   

yes! absolutely! you sound like a catch and I can't really say the top houses will be chasing after you, but the bottom houses will definitely have their eye out for you.

It honestly doesn't matter which house you get into in terms of "tier." each house is wonderful and all have an incredible sisterhood and an incredible time. Even adpi has swaps with top tier fraternities!!

By: yes!
#3  by: Sure   

Your only downfall is not knowing anyone. Just go into rush keeping your options open and be willing to accept any bid you receive.

By: Sure
#4  by: PNM    

Do 3.5 unweighted gpa's mean anything to "top" houses, I know I know all are great I'm sorry just being completely honest here and want to know

By: PNM
by: HonestlyJul 31, 2014 6:50:21 AM

We look for so much more than gpa. That's just one factor! A 3.5 is great, but without all the other qualities, it's just grades.

A top tier girl will have good grades, she will have participated in more than one extra curricular event, she will have held at least one position of leadership. She will have pages of volunteer hours. She will be pretty, come from a good family, be poised, confident, and dressed perfectly. She will be talented. And most importantly she will be "that" girl that everybody wants to be friends with. She will have already networked her way into our hearts. The only exceptions would be if she was a huge legacy who's mom actually attended ole miss or is extremely active in her sorority. Physical beauty is also considered important. If you don't know a soul, you better catch our eye with your looks, because every bodies resumes will read the same. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Honestly
by: KakaJul 31, 2014 8:37:23 AM

As a member of a sorority, you will constantly be at your chapter house. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, pledge meetings, chapter meetings, bible studies, philanthropy activities, swaps, parties, you name it. Between classes you will be studying at the house, or campaigning for a sister running for an office or homecoming court. You will be on committees. You will hang out in the grove on football game days with your sisters! Your life will revolve around your sorority. Sorority life may not be for everyone, but those of us who are in sororities are obsessed with our sororities and our sisters.

We don't take membership selection lightly! It is very important that we invite only those girls we see as equals to be our sisters. Sometimes grades don't matter, sometime we don't care whether or not you triple lettered in high school while serving on student council and NHS. In the end, it all boils down to whether or not we want you to be our sister. A good personality, a pretty face, and great social skills will get you further than a stellar résumé. Our alumni pay attention to those things, so they are important, but many factors go into choosing sisters!

By: Kaka
by: OkayJul 31, 2014 9:56:32 AM

So I have a really good personality (not self proclaimed but people have told me it plenty of times) and I'm fairly funny and pretty sociable. Is this enough to win over the girls in the sorority if they don't already know me?

By: Okay
#5  by: to @honestly   

Wow keep ringing your own bell sister CLANGA CLANGA CLANGA. So glad to know the level of perfection you believe you hold. If only it was true for more than just you. Self-absorption alarm is on full volume.

By: to @honestly
by: WowJul 31, 2014 3:03:57 PM

Oh wow! You're back! Do us all a favor and head back to Starksville!
Nobody likes a bitter bottom tier girl. Most girls, even the bottom tier, love their sororities and could care less what the others say, do, or think. Obviously you still hold grudges from bid day. Maybe you need wine night with your sisters to remind yourself why your sorority is great too! Then maybe you can quit picking on the rest of us.

By: Wow
#6  by: hello @honestly   

Thank you for being so truthful as to what makes up a top tier girl and what you look for during rush. Have you taken notice that all the qualities you described are superficial and in no way contribute to sisterhood? In fact, you just described Regina George. I feel certain that not every girl feels the same superior way you do and I would bet they don't appreciate you coming on her making them look so shallow.
You keep looking for that IT girl and we will get the girls that also have leadership, looks, talent, but with MOST importantly KIND,FUN,GREAT CHARACTER,that people not only want to be friends (like Regina George)but are proud to be sisters with her. And before everyone jumps all over me calling me bitter and lower tier, I'm not speaking to everyone in @honestly sorority just to her and everyone else who comes on this site and acts superior.

By: hello @honestly
by: Omg!Jul 31, 2014 5:23:40 PM

I LOVE Regina George! She's sooooo pretty! Did you catch how she became a GREAT person by the end of the movie?

I think it safe to say that there are kind, fun, and great charactered girls in the top sororities too! The bottom tier does not hold the exclusive rights to them!

By: Omg!
by: HahaJul 31, 2014 9:28:26 PM

Oh my god! You're totally obsessed with me.

By: Haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.