facebook

rush

by: Curious

Okay so I have all my recs & letters and a good resume. I'm from a well known Southern area so does this mean that actives have already been looking at me even if I do not know many of them personally? I'm planning on doing some more major networking when I get to campus, and I've had a lady send out my name to some of the houses. If I get to know more actives this fall, do I have a good chance of getting in a top tier sorority?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ATO    

Based on your spelling your spelling, expect to be cut by every house except for Theta. It is spelled "résumé". No amount of networking can fix a poor education, and it is too late to go back to grammar school.

By: ATO
by: WowJul 30, 2014 7:34:56 PM

Lol at you, "ATO". "Based on your spelling your spelling...". While she left off the accent marks, which is acceptable in the U.S. under most writing style guides, you typed a straight up mistake, not even a typo.

"In most of the US the unaccented form is preferred; the accented form is thought of as a sort of affected overcorrectness."

By: Wow
#2  by: Average   

I think the op is a very average pnm. If this is not your story, you will have huge cuts. If your qualifications are similar, expect a pretty normal rush.

The only thing this pnm is lacking would be friends in the houses. That is very important! It may be too late for her to start networking now! Alumni passim along your name could be helpful depending on the status of the alumni.

By: Average
#3  by: Rebel Girl   

You won't have much time to do any major networking when you get to campus. The sorority girls are extremely busy prepping for rush constantly. You won't even be able to talk to any active sorority members after rush starts with Convocation on Sept 7. Really, it is way too late to count on networking anyway. It is what it is at this point.

By: Rebel Girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.