facebook

rush rumors

by: Help

As a PNM some people love to do nothing but put scary stories into our heads. I just want the honest truth from y'all about some of these.
1. Is it true that if a girl wears a certain color dress on skit or pref night they could get dropped by another sorority for thinking they prefer another one? (Ex. Wearing a pink dress and getting dropped bc they think you are hinting to Phi Mu?)
2. Is there really alcoholic hazing done to girls?
3. Can ADPi drop you if you don't have a rec? Even though there aren't many alums.
4. If you are a legacy to a sorority, will another one drop you bc they think you have preference to the other?
5. Does KD really dirty rush the way everyone says they do?
6. Will you stick out like an idiot if you don't wear Lilly during skit?

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Answers   

1. Yes, in pref many girls wear the color dress of the sorority they are favoring. This is especially true if Jackson girls who want to show favoritism.
2. Maybe. Depends if the sorority. You won't get the truth here. But, most stay far away from hazing. Usually KD and DG haze, but will never admit it.
3. Any ADPi, from any school can write your rec. they don't have to come from ole miss. Nationally, ADPi has been around forever.
4. Only if you show favoritism. Most sororities will drop legacies quickly if they don't want them so others don't assume they are getting bids based on their legacy.
5. Yes. KD dirty rushes, bad!
6. Wear what you are comfortable in. We don't really care who you are wearing as long as you are cute.

By: Answers
by: Whoa!Jul 21, 2014 11:16:11 PM

Sororities at Ole Miss DO NOT haze! None of them! Why would you call out any and start that rumor? Some sororities tend to drink more, but none of their new members are forced to at all!

By: Whoa!
#2  by: Rumors    

Don't listen to rumors or you will drive yourself insane. Just go through rush with your best foot forward and you will be fine.

There is a little bit if truth to every rumor you hear, some are spot on, others highly exaggerated.

Be yourself, see for yourself, and relax.

By: Rumors
#3  by: active   

1. Traditionally girls wear black dresses. But no one is going to recognize the color of your dress and think much of it considering most people buy their dresses way ahead of time. Dont worry about this at all. Most girls on my hall last year were freaking out about what dress to wear not the color of it.
2. alcoholic hazing...honestly noooo girls will joke around and be like drink this 'im hazing' but its lighthearted and you shouldnt be stressing about this. Once your in your sisters will love you and want to get to know you they arent mean to you in anyway
3. Can ADPi drop you if you don't have a rec? It is pretty necessary to have at least one rec for each sorority. Your gamma chi can help you get last minute recs for the ones you dont have. Better safe than sorry and get one it cant hurt you!
4. If you are a legacy to a sorority, will another one drop you bc they think you have preference to the other? Legacys arent favored as much as they used to be. In house legacys could bring this but that is if one is showing favoritism to their sisters sorority if they have told people they are keeping an open mind it wont be the main reason they cut you if they like you then they wont worry too much if they know you are open to others.
5. Does KD really dirty rush the way everyone says they do? everyone dirty rushes.. its inevitable! no one really more than others
6. lilly? nahh everyone wears different stuff be your self

By: active
by: UmmJul 21, 2014 10:38:17 PM

Guessing that either you don't go to school here or you are an older alumni or perhaps a helicopter mom.

Your answers, while politically correct, are not the honest truth.

My roommate made a huge deal out of her pref dress. She had a green dress if she decided she wanted KD or a red dress is she decided xo. Most girls just wore black so there would be no conflicts.

There is alcohol hazing, and sure it is all fun and games, but when you are throwing up, and they still make you drink, it goes too far (KD!)

Gamma chis do not help you find recs! Are you kidding me?????

Not everybody dirty recs. Don't let KD fool you into thinking what they do is okay.

Everybody and I mean everybody will be wearing Lilly! At least for skit they will. If you want to stand out, dare to be different.

By: Umm
by: UmmmJul 22, 2014 7:13:14 AM

You are one KD who wore black. But I promise you others wore green for a reason. Those who wanted Tri Delt wore blue, etc.

pS. Are you the KD who has been putting down all the other houses all night??? Nice, so classy, of course all the pnm's should listen to you, you are so classy.

By: Ummm
by: HaJul 22, 2014 10:58:55 AM

It's true KD. Why don't you ask your 2013 recruitment chair what color her dress was when she was a freshman going through rush! IT WAS GREEN! She told several of us last year during rush that is what she did. It was almost like she was telling us to do the same thing to show our alliance on pref night.

By: Ha
by: PnmJul 22, 2014 1:08:59 PM

Soooo should I wear Lilly or not?

By: Pnm
by: @pnmJul 22, 2014 3:33:39 PM

Where what ever you will be comfortable in. We can't tell you what that will be!

Last year I bought a Lilly dress for the first night of skit and a high end couture designer dress for the second night of skit. I felt out of place with the couture dress and really wished I had a second Lilly dress. However, my pref dress was a designer LBD and I felt perfectly comfortable wearing that for pref.

We can't tell you what the heck to wear, you just have to be yourself.

By: @pnm
#4  by: One thing   

You should get recs for all sororities, as they all have strong alumni here. Yes this includes ADPi bc they were on campus back in the day. You can expect that everywhere, and don't play down recs. it's an easy way for them to cut you..

Wear what you are comfortable in, what fits you well and what matches your personality. So many girls come through, you'll regret trying to be something you're not trust me. Best of luck to you!!

By: One thing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.