facebook

rush as a sophomore

by: Sophomore

Would having a 3.87 GPA and being involved on campus prior to rush be an asset to me when I go through recruitment? I didn't rush last year for several reasons and I already know several girls in the houses.

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

If you have friends in the houses you should ask them instead of looking for answers on here because you won't get one. Even "perfect" girls get cut sometimes.

By: Lol
#2  by: best wishes   

Sophomores can have successful recruitments. You just need to maximize your options when ranking. Give yourself the best possible odds for success. For example, rank chapters who take few or no sophomores in your bottom 6 or 7. By doing this you will get chapters back early on who will give sophomores a chance. Some of the chapters who don't take sophomores will invite you back to round two because of the number they are allowed to invite back that round, but then will let you go the next round and your missed a chance with a chapter who takes sophomores. Most of the Third St. chapters either take no sophomores (Tri Delts) or a couple who are either transfer students. legacies or girls who have friends in the chapter (Pi Phi, Alpha Phi, Kappa). Do some research when you get back to campus in the fall and find out what chapters routinely take sophomores. Also remember that Sigma kappa will be taking girls from all four classes with the majority being freshmen and sophomores.

By: best wishes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.