facebook

greek bashing

by: stop hate

It makes me sad seeing all of these hateful posts where people are just hating on houses and saying the worst things about each other. This is one community and we are all Greek. Lately Greek like especially fraternities have been under attack by universities as well as the media. As a fraternity man I urge you all to stop the hate and stop bashing other houses. There are good things about every house even some of the most hated ones. Not every brother at every house behaves the same but we must all stand by each other. I hope all the hateful posts comments and rankings stop and we simply support others and make Greek life truly one of the best parts of our experience at IU.

So please, stop the hate you only hurt the community by hating on others.

Posted By: stop hate
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Oh, really?   

If we are ONE GREEK COMMUNITY please keep in mind that there are some wonderful unhoused chapters that you should think about before mentioning HOUSES only.

By: Oh, really?
by: TRUEMar 21, 2015 9:12:07 PM

We are all greek unhoused chapters are just as much a part of this as the rest of us

By: TRUE
#2  by: true   

I'd also like to add I have friends that go to a lot of different schools and IU is the only one that seems to take the tier system so seriously which is sad

By: true
#3  by: So sad   

Seriously doubt you're a dude. Agree with your comments.

By: So sad
#4  by: Shaggy   

agreed! I've always been confused how people think ranking is true anyways. There's no way they know enough about every house on campus to decipher which is "better" than the others without looking at all aspects of each house. And saying you went through rush doesn't count because going to certain houses just once isn't enough time to correctly critique it.

By: Shaggy
by: ?Mar 22, 2015 9:29:42 PM

remember, as said above its not just "HOUSES"

By: ?
#5  by: Preach   

This post should be stickied up here permanently, this kind of hate needs to stop in the community all of the chapters even the unhoused ones are part of the same community

By: Preach
#6  by: best post   

Everyone needs to read this! Stop the hate, guys. Its only tearing Greek life apart and giving administrators the desire to abolish greek chapters, which none of us want.

By: best post
#7  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump
#8  by: finally   

We're all hoosiers baby and quals is right around the corner let's spread the love

By: finally
#9  by: needs to be brought back   

We need more love and less hate

By: needs to be brought back
#10  by: Happy   

The fact that others feel like I do and keep reposting and responding to this topic and others promoting positive things about Greek Life makes my heart happy. Everyone who loves their fraternity/sorority - keep doing this! Post the positives, stop the hate and celebrate Greek Life! ;)

By: Happy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.