facebook

housing - iu has freed up land

by: IFC

IU is freeing up an entire section of campus housing that had been married student housing in the past. The area is directly behind Greek Row, NoJo.

Now that IU has freed up land who is next to build?

From what I gather, SK will be building as soon as the colony is installed and chartered; They should start building next spring.

Posted By: IFC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: not news   

This happened last year. The lots have been available officially since Jan. of 2014. There are a couple of fraternities that are currently raising money through their alumni organizations. I would assume that Pikes should have money in the bank from the sale of their previous house on Third Street. I also have heard that Phi Sigs may be close to the amount of money needed to buy a lot and may be able to build when SK does, or shortly after. They know Acacia will want its house back in a couple of years.

By: not news
by: ?Feb 27, 2015 6:35:20 PM

I thought Phi Sig was already on campus, N. Jordan.

By: ?
by: ??Feb 27, 2015 7:24:44 PM

Phi Psi is in a new house in N. Jordan, Phi Sigma Kappa is living in the Acacia house, but they bought the house that DX is living in now. So maybe DX will be building soon?

By: ??
by: ?Feb 27, 2015 9:13:52 PM

Is that the Kappa Alpha house? I thought they were coming back on campus. I can't believe they would sell their house.

By: ?
by: ??Feb 27, 2015 9:21:30 PM

Kappa Alpha? KA has never been at IU. Kappa Alpha Psi used to live where the IUPD station across from Gamma Phi is located. Chi Phi used to own the property where DX lives now. They entertained coming back to campus, but it never really got off the ground.

By: ??
by: ..Feb 28, 2015 2:26:22 PM

Phi Sig bought the house Delta Chi is currently living in and will move in the fall of 2016.

By: ..
#2  by: boy   

DX is planning on building on spring 2016

By: boy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.